2003 Dodge Caravan Consumer Review: SXT?

2003 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Review

2003 Dodge Caravan

SE Passenger Minivan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

SXT?
By JSlezak on

2003 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our Caravan late in the '03 model year (there were already '04's on the lot) and paid about $19000 brand new. Our van is labeled as an SXT even though it is actually an SE with some extras. An end of year model change-up? I am really happy with the van and over the past year it has held up well. Only one small problem, the drivers side power window has failed on two occasions. It seems to happen during cold weather and once the vehicle is warm it is fine again. We looked at Toyota and Honda but both were much more expensive and didn't offer the same features without purchasing big packages. For the price you can't beat Dodge. A very good family oriented vehicle.

Quad seating, DVD player, AC and heat are more than adequate, alloy wheels, very good acceleration with the V6. Roomy drivers area doesn't make you feel on top of the steering wheel. Easy to manuever.

Not enough lumbar support on long drives. Could use some form of seat back protectors. Seats are heavy and hard to remove. I have had problems at the gas pumps, I have to hold the pump a certain way as I fill or it shuts off repeatedly.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review