Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Decent purchase
By Jeffner

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I received my trailblazer in 2006 with 12000 miles on it. We live in Florida and have traveled to TN drove in the mountains for a week, the truck handles lots of terrain. I now have 60,000 miles on it and other than a few hiccups I am very happy. I love the comfort with two children, getting in and out is a breeze. Lots of room, and smooth ride. Overall I liked it so much we just purchased our second trailblazer.

Roomy and comfortable.

I have replaced both the brake light panels, kind of a pain in the butt. The cluster went, battery has been changed twice, and the starter went this year, seems like there's a hiccup somewhere.

Most Underrated SUV On The Market
By Mel Turner

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 TB, LS 4x4 in Jan 2007 with 97,000 miles. I paid $11,000. High mileage doesn't scare me. As long as you perform scheduled maintenance, today's engines are engineered to last 500,0000 miles or more. I installed DVD system, I put Continental tires on and had 100,000 service: tune-up, coolant and all fluids changed, all filters and engine belts changed. At 130,000 miles, my SUV runs like it just left the showroom floor. The most dependable car I've ever driven, including Toyota. I get excellent gas mileage for an SUV with a 6 cylinder truck engine. 4x4 extremey sure footed in inclement weather. I love my TrailBlazer.

OnStar, power everything, comfort, roominess, acceleration, fun to drive, 4 wheel drive, off road handling, hauling capacity

Cabin noise on long trips.

2005 Lemon
By NomoreChevys

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle at 36,000 miles and at 50,000 it needed a new transmission (automatic) because of a manufacturer defect that the dealership called "dipstick intrusion". Apparently water was getting in the transmission through the dipstick. Good thing we purchased the extended warranty or we would have been out $3500. This is the most unreliable car I have ever driven for how new it is. We take it in routinely for all regular maintenance and had tranny maintenance 2 months before it crapped out. Now the heater won't work and the oil gage is registering zero with no engine light indicator and there is oil in the engine. I'll never buy a Chevy again!

Comfortable interior and third row seating. The 4 wheel drive is nice in the snow, when it works. I guess it is comfortable enough to sleep in, when we break down on the side of the road.

The whole transmission! It would be nice if a car that is only 4 years old that is taken into the dealer for all manufacturer maintenance wouldn't break down and be so undependable!

Great Car!
By kandb09

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my TrailBlazer! I upgraded from a 2000 Grand Am which was falling apart. I bought it with 50,000 miles on it and I have no problems with it. We got a really good deal on it because it has some hail damage but I can deal with that because it pretty much paid for itself! As for gas I was only getting 26mpg with my Grand AM out of town and I'm getting 24-25 with my TrailerBlazer so I can't complain.

Everything!

My only complaint is trying to find those darn little loops to fold over the seats! It drives me crazy cause I have to dig for them everytime!

Fun SUV
By perkis

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my TrailBlazer used with roughly 45k miles on it, have put 40k on it so far and love it, replaced the tires with some aggressive all terrain tires and performs well in snow and light mud. Haven't had any problems with it except for maintenance which is to be expected. 4.2 liter engine is a real work horse, regularly pulling a 5800 lbs boat and still getting 15mpg on the expressway. Somethings could be improved but every car/truck could be. Interior is a bit plain compared to other suv's. But I would take reliability and performance over looks any day. I would gladly buy another and intend to. To the people who complain about the gas mileage, when you bought it the sticker said the gas mileage

Engine performance, 4x4 and the smooth ride

Engine is noisy on cold start ups and interior could be improved.