2001 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: Fun vehicle and feels big

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

Fun vehicle and feels big
By TD on

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it used because this one was in new condition, still is. It has most of what I wanted, but this particular vehicle needs traction control aka positraction. It's hard to get started fast from a stop without a lot of wheelspin. I just installed some wider 18" wheels and tires which might help. The gas mileage is poor but no worse than other Tahoe models. We use it for recreation mostly because we didn't really need to buy it. When we have a day off or two that's the car we take on trips. I still like the style better than the 2007 model which looks like the HD Chev PU with a Ford Expedition hanging on the back. Also I like the interior more than the 2007.

It's big but not too big like a Suburban. It still is "cool". It's fun and easy to drive. And it is fast enough to get going when you want to. It's the perfect police patrol car! Big, high, and intimidating!

Positraction. If the big wide tires don't help, I'll get a posi unit installed.