Used 2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

This Gen of Suburbans is only good to haul people, the utility/camping aspect is gone.
By thecarguy10

2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT2 2500 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

We have always had Suburbans and loved them, until the 2007-2014 body style. GM has really screwed the pouch on the interior design. The Dash is awkward and has no room for stuff (very important for long drives) and for the first time ever they don't offer a fold flat interior.... What gives, the say it's not cost effective, but yet they are charging 60k for one... I am selling mine because the back of the truck is only good to haul people, not cargo, not dogs or camping. As far as I am concerned I will not be buying anything newer then 2006... I can't believe we bailed GM out...

Exterior Styling Great MPG on HWY only! About time they finally put a 6sp transmission. Love the Engine Power.

FOLD FLAT seating (middle row) like every other suburban has had.

Avoid Suburbans with 5.3 engine
By boomer1971

2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT2 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Hey everyone have had on going issues with my truck and wanted to share my experience . I have a 2009 Suburban with the 5.3 liter engine. I have been to the dealer 4 times with engine related issues. Me and my family have been left at the roadside by this truck. The truck has had the engine rebuilt at 38000 miles by the dealership and continues to consume oil at 41000 miles. I have no confidence in this truck any longer. I've requested a new engine or buyback. Best GM has to offer is $2000 certificate towards purchase of another GM product. Avoid the 5.3 liter versions of the Suburban/ Tahoe/ Yukon as many have had engine problems.

Truck looks great on the outside and interior design works great with large family.

Support your product!! Improve your customer support. It is impossible to actually speak to anyone that can make a decision. I came back to GM after Acura and it has been a tremendous disappointment. I will continue to post and advise people to avoid GM because they do not stand behind what they make.

Clanking Noise Everytime it drives
By imlily

2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2009 Suburban that has been in the dealership 3 times for the same thing. Everytime the car is driven cold there is a clanking noise somewhere. The dealership could not find out what it was so they started to say that at first it was a broken weld, then they said the chassis had some bolts tightened, then they tightened up bolts in the transmission. I don't feel like it is a safe drive at all and am very concerned that the dealership is with holding information from me. Oh and when I asked them for my paper work the 2nd visit they didn't want to give it to me. I had to argue with them to release the paperwork to me. Very concerned and the car was not cheap.

I love how accomodating the vehicle is.

Better leather inside, it seems cheap.

Chevy is letting me down...
By NotPleased

2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LTZ 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I Recently purchased my Suburban less than a month ago and I'm already running into nightmares with constant trips to the dealership. My check engine light has already came on twice due to the ECU (Computer) changing my fuel settings which ends up leading to my truck not starting or running extremely rough. They keep resetting the ECU and it will run for a couple of days but I'll end up right back to where I started from, not driving. The truck is at the dealership as I write this... so beware, this truck is an electronic mess. Now I'm sure I just ended up getting a bad build from the factory line but there are a few people already out there suffering with the same problems that I'm having.

Interior, Exterior, Rear heated seats, Tons of features, This truck is eye candy.

Change out the transmission, Fix the sluggish uphill horsepower issue, Re- design the wiring and electronic components to where the vehicle doesn't break down on me after driving 1,200 miles in it... I would actually like to drive my truck.

Love it!
By Dcarver292

2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT2 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love my new Suburban. I used the Costco buying program and paid $400 under invoice! The truck is perfect, it rides like a dream and and the kids love the DVD player. It is very easy to drive and with the rear camera it is a dream to park.

DVD Player NAV system Back up camera Leather seats

Cargo area mat should come standard