Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Excellent car!!!
By crazymonk2012

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

All I can say is the car is fantastic. Okay those of you that read this review. If you ever buy an earlier Impala. Buy one with a 3.8 okay. They have the fewest of problems. My big plus with the vehicle is the reliability! I mean problems I have seen on this forum are probably really picky people. Although if you look at it. My 2005 Impala has always been reliable. Never broken down before ever!! I love this car and recommend that if you buy this car. Buy one with a 3.8. If you buy a newer Impala do not buy the 3.9 engine. Get the one with the 3.6 liter. Hope this helps you all.

My favorite features is the ride, it is nice a smooth. Also the stereo speakers from factory can put out a bass like no factory speaker I ever heard! The fact that this car requires very low maintenance to keep it running. However if you give it high maintenance this car has the ability to go up to 300,000 miles without having issues.

The dash cluster is one thing that needs improvement. I had one go out, but that is it! Nothing else wrong with it in my opinion.

dont buy this car unless you enjoy head aches
By jackie55

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 3 years ago in hopes i would have a good car I drove out of the dealer and the car was pulling to the right bad. I took it back a couple days later to have them tell me it was something called torque steer. It turned out to be a wheel bearing. I replaced it on my own the dealer didn't pay for it and don't you know that torque steer was no longer there. I replace wheel bearings every 6mo. About 4 months later my radio started making crazy noises even when the car was off and all doors were closed. The radio stopped working all together a short time later. Then i noticed puddles of water on the floor in the back seat dont have a clue where its coming from. My dash goes crazy

When i no longer own it

hmmm radio,wheel bearings the fact water leaks into the car and causes shorts in the wireing that runs under the carpet. Maybe Chevrolet needs to recall a few things on these cars. I have read many other reviews from people having the same problems like me.

i just love my impala
By barbara

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Well i purchased my impala a few months ago and i have to tell you l just enjoy it so much. i love the body style and everything. i really think it's a nice car.

driving experience

none

All Around Solid Car.
By ptcm1

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala is not the fanciest car out there but it's super reliable and solid sedan. I had no problems with this car other than ordinary maintenance and it had 105,000 miles on it. It's built so you can do most fixes by yourself.

Fold down rear seats, great stereo, comfortable. Really fuel efficient for 205 horses.

very satisfied
By tony

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This 3.8 v-6 Engine is well known to run over 300,000 miles which is why i bought it i have always owned Gm and have had almost complete success. I made sure i got the 3.8 cause the 3.4 was well known to have problems. i had a 1993 grand prix with the 3.4 with many problems. other than that, the other 6 GM cars I've owned i have run well over 200k miles EACH. I do most of the work on my own cars and have only replaced an hvac temperature sensor for the drivers side in my impala in the two years I've owned it (except oil changes of course). fuel economy is not as good as newer models but they reduced the cars size a lot on 2006 and later models. i am very satisfied. a malibu will be next.

love the auto dimmer on review mirror and the display with current mpg and outdoor temp.

Bucket seats get uncomfortable on long trips, but this design is not manufactured anymore so whats the point in suggestions :)