2003 Chevrolet Express Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Express model:
Buy the Extended Warranty
By Bill on 08/02/05 22:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Express Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle to haul our six kids around, and had many problems due to poor GM quality (just get it through the bumper-to-bumper wty). For over $30,000 you don't get much for your money except a big 6.0L V8 engine: no rear cupholders, no rear headrests, rear bench seats uncomfortable for adults, poor fit and finish, and plastic parts break easily. Even with rear A/C it struggles to keep cool on 90 degree days. OEM tires needed replacing at less than 30K miles. Been recalled three times. Problems before 36K miles: radio failed, plastic window latch broke, door switch broke, door latch broke. Front bearings separated at 37K miles. A/C leak at 38K, rotors warped at 40K, window switch fail at 42K

BANG FOR THE BUCK!
By WILDCAT on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Express Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

IF YOU WANT POWER, GREAT LOOKS, TONS OF ROOM AND NOT BE LUMPED INTO THE SOCCER MOM MINI VAN CROWED THIS IS THE VAN FOR YOU! BUT WAIT!, WHAT ABOUT THE POOR GAS MILEAGE? GO ON ANY DEALER LOT AND SEE HOW MANY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS YOU WILL SAVE OVER THEIR MINI VAN COUNTERPARTS. YES, ENOUGH TO OFFSET MANY YEARS OF "MEDIOCRE" GAS MILEAGE.

owner of a vending business
By Bob Warnock on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Express Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have the small V-8 and its gas mileage is ok. When I have alot of weight in it the engine has a hard time, but when its gets on the expressway its gone. I have the cargo van and it's very roomy and fun to drive. I would recommend it to anyone.