Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Chevy equinox
By Camille

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

When I got the suv I was so excited could not wait to take it home. The only problem it was having was when it started it was making some kind of noise after 2 years then battery did go out on me and I did have to replace it the front tires have to be replace. I am not going to complain. But over all I love it.

More warranty!!!!!

Capital "U" in Utility
By Ed Butera

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

At just over 38K miles... Where this vehicle shines is it's utility: we've towed an overloaded trailer from IL to AZ and moved an 8' couch in the cabin, just to name two examples. The cabin is spacious and comfortable (minus the stiff foam in the seats) for both people and cargo; the fold-flat front seats and sliding rear bench are brilliant. It rides nice and smooth, though the suspension makes a lot of noise over bumps. Decent fuel economy, despite the outdated engine paired with an "unsure" transmission (it likes to hunt for gears on even small grades). Only problems so far have been the battery that quit and was replaced under warranty, and the squeaks and rattles that suddenly appeared.

Utility: fold-flat passenger seat and sliding rear seat, combined with 60/40 split; interior space; towing capability (for a uni-body); exterior styling;

Ditch the outdated engine; foam in the seats; improve the quality of the interior plastics; plastic wheel covers on a $23K vehicle (?!); GM needs to stop being cheap and make the roof rack cross bars and cargo cover standard.

unsure
By Brenda S IL/TX

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed my vehicle from day one, but, I am unsure about the design of the windshield, (angle), I have had to replace my windshield 3 times and need a 4th due to tiny rocks that have come from other cars on the road. I have owned other vehicle that when a small rock hits the windshield it MIGHT chip it but with the Equinox as I stated before its almost a sure thing that I will have to replace the whole windshield because the chips spreads immediately. Another thing that kind of makes me have doubts is the blindspots it has. I am almost done paying for it and I cant say will buy another.

good quality sound from radio, roomy

make hitches standard. improve blind spots and windshield problem, I have read I am not the only owner that has had this problem.

Problems
By S. Ryan

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My car has 30700 miles on it and I have had the brakes replaced now the ABS and TC light is on constantly. I also need new tires. The car is roomly but I shouldn't be having these problems with this low mileage. There is a lot of wind noise also.

Room inside

Cupholders need revised. Better console.

Problem Child
By T_rell

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The turning radius is horrible, the center console is garbage. It collects everything and is in constant need of attention. Problems with my 'nox: It never seemed to go into gear. Every time I put into drive I had to play with it. Drive, Park, Drive till the gear would finally catch. The dealer tried to fix 3 times. Windshield washer fluid sprayer front in back is just horrible. Very cheap leather seats, feels like vinyl. Interior design: looks very cheap and plain, typical though- for American cars. The front end would shake if I had to jam on the brakes past 55mph. The worst car ever in the snow even with new tires. This is why American car companies are failing, lack of detail.

The tinted windows, The extra leg room in the back seat. Nice head room.

• SUV