2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
unsure
By Brenda S IL/TX on 07/24/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed my vehicle from day one, but, I am unsure about the design of the windshield, (angle), I have had to replace my windshield 3 times and need a 4th due to tiny rocks that have come from other cars on the road. I have owned other vehicle that when a small rock hits the windshield it MIGHT chip it but with the Equinox as I stated before its almost a sure thing that I will have to replace the whole windshield because the chips spreads immediately. Another thing that kind of makes me have doubts is the blindspots it has. I am almost done paying for it and I cant say will buy another.

Problems
By S. Ryan on 04/30/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My car has 30700 miles on it and I have had the brakes replaced now the ABS and TC light is on constantly. I also need new tires. The car is roomly but I shouldn't be having these problems with this low mileage. There is a lot of wind noise also.

Problem Child
By T_rell on 02/16/09 08:39 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The turning radius is horrible, the center console is garbage. It collects everything and is in constant need of attention. Problems with my 'nox: It never seemed to go into gear. Every time I put into drive I had to play with it. Drive, Park, Drive till the gear would finally catch. The dealer tried to fix 3 times. Windshield washer fluid sprayer front in back is just horrible. Very cheap leather seats, feels like vinyl. Interior design: looks very cheap and plain, typical though- for American cars. The front end would shake if I had to jam on the brakes past 55mph. The worst car ever in the snow even with new tires. This is why American car companies are failing, lack of detail.

Uncertain
By garcia2107 on 01/20/09 17:50 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Nox in 2006 with 9 miles on it. At first I thought it was a great buy, but two and a half years later, it's one thing after another with this wagon. It acts up every other day, refusing to start, the check engine light is always popping up and it feels as though I really have to step on the pedal to reach thirty mph. I have thought about trading in for a car but I would be in the hole about 4k. I do not recommend anyone buying this car.

Hate this car
By renee on 12/27/08 20:59 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox in Oct 2008 with less than 300 miles on it. 6 weeks later, it had already been in the shop 3 times. It was pulling and it turns out I had defective tires. Now, 3 years later I have had to buy new tires again, had to get my rotors replaced three times in 6 months, and there are noises galore. Clunking, clicking, shaking, you name it. This car is a total lemon and I would get rid of it in a second if I didn't have so much negative equity in it!

Wouldn't recommend the Equinox!
By TINA on 11/21/08 12:23 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Equinox in June of 2006. A year after puchasing it the back door areas were all chipped up and Chevy painted it for me as a good will. However a year later and it's chipped again. I have had to have the seal around the drivers door replaced. The seats are horrible, if you get even a drop of water on them it leaves a mark. The center console is cheap and pretty much useless. I heard a noise when I start it but can never be duplicated when taken to the dealer. I have recently noticed that when going up hills there is a hesitation and again the dealer can't duplicate. And now it is not always starting right away there is a hesitation.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it!
By msdriver on 09/04/08 13:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought this vehicle and everything appears well. Carfax report checked out OK. Driveability is good, mpgs are lower than expected in town. Sharp looking SUV although my model has wheel covers instead of alloy rims. Power seems to be sufficient at 185 hp. 45,000 miles and only routine maintenance. Pleased so far. Only downfall, as several have mentioned, is the suspension noise from the front end. Very disturbing on less than perfect roads.

Not Pleased
By Kristin on 08/22/08 23:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

For more than a year, I never had a problem and then suddenly it started acting up. It was still under warranty and the dealership has offered to extend the warranty free of charge and give me free roadside assistance, but it still isn't worth it. Sometimes when I am driving it stops suddenly. Usually it happens shortly after starting it up, but it has happened once while I was driving down the road. Other times it doesn't start at all. But it is inconsistent and the dealership can't find anything wrong with it. I've done some research online and found that this problem isn't only happening to my Equipnox.

Second One of these
By angelfieryrain on 04/17/08 15:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

So far this is my second one of these. The first was an 05 and had some transmission issue, but so far the 06 has not been all that bad, aside from one issue. I am suddenly having issues with fuel economy after almost 40k. Other then that it does pretty well in Michigan winters even without the AWD.

Do not Buy
By bmiller1881 on 12/01/07 12:20 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my chevy equinox and was very excited. Untill it wouldnt start and they had to replace the battery. I have now had it for a year and a half and the car has not started over 8 times, meaning completly dead and have never had an accident. My car is currently being lemon lawed and would not ever consider buying a chevy again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.