Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Not What I Expected
By Rachel

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox brand new expecting to drive off without having any issues. Within my first year I began having starter problems & the dealership looked it over and says it's suppose to make the grinding sound,when I turn the key, it's a safety feature..yeah right! After 4 years now, I find myself having to turn the key twice to get the engine started. After the 3rd year, I started dealing with a/c problems and once again after being in the shop twice, Chevy can't seem to fix the problem. I called GM and all they can do is file a report and have me bring it back into the shop to pay Chevy more money to try and fix the a/c problem a third time. I will be trading this bad purchase in soon!

What a mistake
By Ranger

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We used the NHTSA and FuelEconomy.gov websites to narrow our search. We chose this based on their ratings and boy, were they way off. My son tapped a deer one night, didn't even break the headlight lens. $5500. At 75k miles we're putting on the third set of high quality tires. It is the noisiest vehicle I've ridden in since leaving the Army, the mileage is about 14mpg, my 2007 3/4 ton 4WD Diesel has a tighter turn radius and these seats are absolutely terrible. Spilled water on the seats and they look terrible and stains won't come out. Can't sit in them more than an hour. There is nothing redeeming about this vehicle.

The color.

Crush it.

Heat Does Not Work!!!
By Mat

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I like the SUV but unfortunately the door that blends the heat with the air flow inside breaks inside the dash and the only way to fix it is to take apart the whole dash board costing $1,200 on up!There should be a recall because there has been 1,000s of complaints registered online and GM is thumbing there nose at the consumes.

I like the SUV, but I also like to stay warm when it's cold outside!

Recall the Heat blender and replace it with something that will last the life time of the vehicle.

In the shop again!
By WishIcouldgetridofit

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Nox in early 2006. We had numerous fixes while under warranty. We had the ignition changed three times within the first 6 months. The key would get stuck-either on, off, or wouldn't come out at all. We had the wipers worked on. Strange noises popped up that they were never able to find. After the warranty expired the problems continued. We have replaced the tires twice in 75,000 miles. It took 5 visits to the shop to discover the coolant was leaking into the heads and the engine had to be dismantled. After $1,200 and 2 weeks out of the shop it is back in. It misses out at 50-60 mph and the check engine light is on. I wish I could afford to get rid of the stupid thing!

Replace that plate behind the back seat doors with something that cleans easier. My white one has spots that I can't get off without a lot of elbow work.

Sporty look, but not fun to drive
By mel

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this in Dec. 06. I have always had this knocking sound. Cannot figure out what it is. For the past 6 months, I have had a hesitation when I try to start it. On several occasions I didn't know if I was going to be stranded or not. Took it to a mechanic, he acted like nothing was wrong because no lights were on. Also, cd player quit working about 1 year after I bought it. Finally, there is a problem with the gears shifting. Almost seems like the transmission is going out.

Very roomy, especially the back seat. Lots of room for groceries, etc.

Really need to work on performance of vehicle. Needs better stereo/cd system.