2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Very Disappointed...Recall?
By VERY DISAPPOINTED on 11/21/05 23:45 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2006 fully loaded Equinox lt on Nov 8 2005. Less then 2 weeks later with 178 on odometer, the car is at the dealership for repairs. There is an overwhelming smell of gasoline. I have been told that a new fuel line and canister has to be installed. However, they do not know when they will arrive as they are a new design. This leads me to believe a recall is in the works! I cannot believe that they expected me to continue driving this car, especially when their mechanic told me the gas vapors could ignite! I must use a portable oxygen tank due to a medical condition and I did not think that was a good idea! They are paying for a car rental until the new designed parts arrive.

Excellent SUV
By Jake on 11/17/05 17:34 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I really did some reserach on this class of SUV's and decided on the Nox. I couldnt be happier. Great ride, smooth shifting, great styling. Also, very safe.. with excellent crash ratings on all four sides as well as side curtain airbags. Great for kids, lots of legroom and space for them!

Happy Equinox owner
By Michael West on 11/08/05 15:48 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

For price , quality and for its class, I feel the Chevy Equinox is the best vehicle on the market money can buy. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend the Equinox to anyone looking to buy a mid-sized SUV. The only issue with the vehicle is that with the price of gas today, mpg could be better but it is plenty of car for a car pool or average sized family.

Fun but already falling apart
By Kimberly on 11/06/05 01:46 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I haven't had my Equinox very long and I do love it but am already dealing with some issues. The leather seats are already tearing apart on sides. The paint around the radio buttons and window buttons are chipping off. Every time I open my sun roof gresse gets on the fabric. When you roll window doiwn just a tad the noise of wind is awful. You can't even hear someone next to you. And the back seat ride is so hard and awful to ride in.

a great new vehicle
By goonies on 11/03/05 18:35 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Over all a great vehicle - wanted a SUV and this one fit the bill from fuel mileage, to design and practicality.

So Far So Good
By G Man on 11/03/05 09:26 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The exterior appearance sold me. However, a test drive drive was required to remove all doubt. Pleasantly surprised with the comfort in comparison to other rides in SUV's. Sound system features becomes simple after a few uses. Great pickup; stops well. SUV looks great in black and white. Other colors not appealing with the dark grey front and rear bumpers. Very roomy in the front and back seats. Chose durable fabric seat covers. Rear seat head rest should be softer. Rear storage space ideal; especially with the adjustable shelf. Not a car for gas conscious people.

My awsome chevy NOX
By Lisa Richards on 10/30/05 22:38 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The 2006 Chevy Equinox is a great SUV to have. It has the most appealing exterior and interior design than any of its other competitor. It is a real Chevy truck. With on demand AWD, its perfect. As a mom, I've seen the difference we had since we traded our 2002 Toyota Rav4. The kids don't complain about the rear seat legroom. There is enough cargo space. The LT model is great. The Equinox is a strong, confident, SUV. It is the best SUV in its class. Looks almost like the Acura MDX but is a lot cheaper. Equinox looks expensive. Its a great buy!

Our family's Equinox!
By Amanda Richardson on 10/20/05 22:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Being a mother of 3 and doing the house chores, I have experienced the new Equinox. From doing everything around the city from going to the cottage. Equinox is a great dependable SUV. Its big, roomy, and it's...well..great!

MY NOX!!!
By Mark on 10/15/05 12:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The new 2006 Equinox is great! rides very well, great sound system, large interior, enough rear seat leg room. it's better than any other SUV in its class.

My review
By Chris on 10/04/05 08:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV in July of '05. It's a GREAT SUV! Runs great, looks great. Gas mileage isn't the best - I live in the Minneapolis area and do a lot of city driving. On average, I've been getting around 17, 18 MPG. On the highway, best I've gotten is 22-23.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.