2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Great dependable car
By vitik on 08/02/14 09:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in 2006, now approaching 110,000 miles, nothing major went wrong, one warranty repair on front wheel bearings. Great, comfortable ride on highway, huge legroom in the back seat, great utility for roadtrips or just ride to and from work. Did not expect it to last this long or this many miles, but by the way it drives and looks it may make it to 200,000!

nox
By realjackass on 11/27/13 09:38 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

we purchase this vehicule 1 nov of 2010 with 77 000 km . we are today 27 nov 2013 , 3 years after with 149 000 km . we are very very sastified , we did nothing major in repair to this vehicule , change 3 bearing just missing front passenger side and replace brake ( normal maintenance) and a front end part . I did have to sand and prime and paints the rear wheel weld over the rear plastic , a lot of this model do start to rust a this area , it cost me 10 $ , overall very good suv , pretty basic nothing fancy in it .

No major issues
By bennice2002 on 08/18/12 20:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I owned one of these from brand new till just about 80K miles. Over that span the car was very reliable and no major issues to speak of. It's got enough space to be practical and the engine has enough power to get out of its own way. The beams make for horrible blind spots. The stock suspension is junk and should be upgraded. The brakes warp easily. Fuel economy isn't awesome, but is consistent and predictable.

Blown head gasket
By loulou8 on 11/14/11 15:29 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The car good the 1st year I bought it and then I started having problems with it running hot. So I took it to the car dealership to have it checked out and they checked it and they told me it was the cooling fans wasn't working which they was. Then the replaced the fans $872.29 and put in a new thermostat included. Then they called me back and told me it was still running hot that the head gasket was blown. Is there a recall on this type of car.

GREAT CAR
By oleg5 on 08/04/11 19:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Had many cars before that! my wife drives 2008 Rav4 and i had 2000 Honda CRV before that. did not had any isues with the car. got it for 6000$ with 90000km. now i have 140000$ and had replaced only back bearing. very good car! geting 22 in a city and about 24-25 on high way! my wifes Rav4(V6) getting 20 in city best!

No help from GM
By dberry8953 on 08/02/11 11:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

4.5 years since bought we bought our 2006 Equinox new and 47k, transmission failed on us. Torque converter failed according to the transmission repair facility. $2700 to overhaul/repair. Car is now back and running ok but request to GM for full or partial reimbursement was denied. Looks like the General has seen our last automotive purchase.

Just bought a Used 06 NOX!
By tabithaj on 05/24/11 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought an 06 Equinox with 69k miles on it. Really great price, low payments. So far it hasnt been any trouble at all. I hear a rattle somewhere in the stering column, like a small plastic piece is loose or something. I love drining it~ :-) I think I am happy so far. :-)

Falling apart one Piece at a Timne
By maric on 01/13/11 07:32 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Heater door broke, was quoted $1500 by local GM dealership ($250 for parts and $1100 for labour plus taxes) , charged me $50.85 to diagnose the problem, car had 77,500 kms. Contacted GM repeatedly - got voice mails, never spoke to "Jane" in person. Went out of town to another GM dealer paid $750 for repair, in December in Canada you cannot drive without heat or defrost. Feel "ripped off" , now the leather upholstery is splitting. Had to replace Bridgestone tires at 45,000 kms. Not happy with GM .... inferior product and by the lack of response I have to assume that they don't really care! My experience answers the question for me "why are so many people not buying North American cars

Never again
By Christian on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox brand new in 2006. Before hitting 20,000 the ignition switch went out and had an electrical problem. It still goes dead right after I crank it, but they say nothing is wrong with it. I have had 4 sets of brake pads in 6 weeks, other mechanical problems and it is in the shop right now as I type this for the 2nd time in 3 weeks for an "electrical" problem in the air conditioner. I like the car's look, but not all the problems it has come with. I would not recommend this car to anyone. It is the biggest piece of crap I have ever had. I am just waiting til the day I can trade it and not lose too much money.

Purple electrical nightmare
By Betrayed chevy owner on 08/25/10 11:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car ignorantly in may after totalling out my impala. I wanted another impala but couldn't find one for the price I payed originally. I found this purple equinox that I had to have but then I realized my eyes are bigger than my patience. The doors leak, the ac works when it wants to, it starts when it feels like it, the radio changes stations at random, the cd player has to be pounded on by your hand to work, last night the headlights started flickering and went out and now only the drivers side headlight works and only on bright. The lights on the dashboard randomly dim, have to be hit to work again, and I'm not done yet...

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.