Used 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

GREAT first ride 3.8 v6 2002
By Chad

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

the doors are made of fiberglass and tend to be broken easily both my driver door and passenger are broke...i have ro dukes of hazzard into driver door, just haven't fixed it yet lol but great power and reliability 210k had to replaced ignition coils, cats, the fuel pump both doors, o yea the danged ol O2 sensors which are expensive....even had car seat in back

Great Car, Repairs...ehh...
By sergheis

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The V6 is not much compared to newer ones, but it will still pick up to highway speeds before you could turn your head to check the other lane. Takes any turn without a problem, good on fuel, and how could you ever forget the nostalgic but mandatory t-tops. Interior is roomy in the front, the back, can be made comfortable if you're sitting alone.

T-tops, maneuverability, good power from a V6 while still keeping the rate of refills low

While all fluid changes are easy, some repairs get very frustrating and worse without the right tools. If you assume your oil pan will be dropped a lot, definitely get a different k-member which will allow for removal of the pan without dropping the front suspension. If your intake manifold gaskets and plenum gasket has not been replaced, do so ASAP, they are prone to leaking coolant which has potential to ruin your engine.

Bad bowtie!
By ChevyDemon

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my 02 3.8 liter camaro for 4 years now. I drive it hard. It is a great looking car and amazing to drive. After a long or bad day just take the T tops off and stomp on the gas and a smile will always come! I plan on keeping this car until it rots!!

T-tops, horse power, looks from people as you drive by! The sound of the exhaust!

Better sound system and a better rear end!

Great car
By Jacob

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 3.8 liter V6 Camaro just a few weeks ago and I'm truly impressed. My last car was a 1995 Camaro V6 and I dove it from 207,000 miles to 239,500 miles. After I sold it, I knew I had to have another Camaro and the 2002 is even better than my '95. This 2002 only has 95,000 miles and it performs like a muscle car - a V8 muscle car. The styling is wonderful inside and out and the engine is very sound. I can tell this car was a good buy and I'm going to be driving it for years to come.

What I like are the ground effects, the chrome rims (they're so nice looking that no one believes they are stock), and the T-Tops.

The sound system.

What is Edmunds' problem?
By earlr

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

After reading the Edmunds editors reviews of the 4th generation Camaros, I suddenly felt the need to write a review of my own. I don't ever recall seeing such obvious bias in a review; but then, I haven't read many other reviews of American muscle cars, so maybe that's where their issues lie. I am very happy with my '02 Camaro; sure it's not perfect, and it's not Japanese, but it is a lot of fun to drive, is as reliable as any other car of its ilk, and oh did I mention it's a blast to drive. The car has over 120k miles on it now, and the engine & transmission are a solid now as they ever were. I've been able to fix any minor issues that have come up.

Looks, excellent handling (admittedly with some help from aftermarket shocks/springs/sway bars), nice power for a pushrod V6, excellent brakes.

Since this model is out of production, does it really matter?