2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Bad bowtie!
By ChevyDemon on 07/28/10 18:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my 02 3.8 liter camaro for 4 years now. I drive it hard. It is a great looking car and amazing to drive. After a long or bad day just take the T tops off and stomp on the gas and a smile will always come! I plan on keeping this car until it rots!!

Great car
By Jacob on 06/04/10 21:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 3.8 liter V6 Camaro just a few weeks ago and I'm truly impressed. My last car was a 1995 Camaro V6 and I dove it from 207,000 miles to 239,500 miles. After I sold it, I knew I had to have another Camaro and the 2002 is even better than my '95. This 2002 only has 95,000 miles and it performs like a muscle car - a V8 muscle car. The styling is wonderful inside and out and the engine is very sound. I can tell this car was a good buy and I'm going to be driving it for years to come.

What is Edmunds' problem?
By earlr on 03/23/10 14:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

After reading the Edmunds editors reviews of the 4th generation Camaros, I suddenly felt the need to write a review of my own. I don't ever recall seeing such obvious bias in a review; but then, I haven't read many other reviews of American muscle cars, so maybe that's where their issues lie. I am very happy with my '02 Camaro; sure it's not perfect, and it's not Japanese, but it is a lot of fun to drive, is as reliable as any other car of its ilk, and oh did I mention it's a blast to drive. The car has over 120k miles on it now, and the engine & transmission are a solid now as they ever were. I've been able to fix any minor issues that have come up.

153,000 miles and still going
By Laura on 02/18/10 16:38 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my 2002 camaro 35th anniversary edition since January of 2002. 8 months ago, I had the water pump replaced. Today, I had the sway bar replace and in the very near future I will need to have the catalytic converter replaced. Considering that I have 153,000 miles on this car, I think its done really well.

Great Overall
By Jimmy on 01/17/10 04:36 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Well i'm only 17 my parents owned this car. And gave it to me as my first car. Before i always thought i was gonna tune it. But pointless even though its a v6 it hauls like a v8. 0 to 60 mid 7 secs good for a commuting car and the mileage is good to 30 mpg for the highway going 70mph. Really great car.

Did the editors even drive this car?
By Exodus I on 08/17/08 22:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is exceptional. I have owned a lot of cars in my life, including a 1968 Camaro, which is the only one that compares to this vehicle in performance. This car has literally saved my lie on several occasions. I don't drive a high performance vehicle to show off, Phoenix roads are dangerous. When I tell my car to do something, I expect an instant result. On at least three occasions, spit second performance has avoided serious accidents. She is asthetically appealing as well. She always turns heads, a nice bonus. She leaks a little in a car wash and the stereo needs upgrade. Everything else is amazing. I am giving this to my son and getting the 2009 when available!

Great car! Fun to drive!
By kimberly0130 on 06/28/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second Camaro I've had (last one was a '97), and I was even more satisfied this time around with the overall performance. This car is still running great after owning it for 5 years. Keeping up with the maintenance is essential for these cars. I wasn't as careful with my last Camaro, and I ended up with several mechanical problems.

Simply a must have kind of car
By Camaroholic on 03/22/07 08:27 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. I have owned it for a couple months, and in that time, I have had a blast with it. Drifting is fun with the ASR (acceleration-slip reduction) off, and downshifting from 5th into 4th while going down the road just to get the feeling of being thrown back into the seat is just indescribable. I would've gone for a Z28/ SS, but for an entry-level sports car, I saw the base Camaro as a perfect idea

Great Car- Reliability, Mileage, and Looks
By treavey on 11/20/06 11:54 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is a really great car that has never given me any trouble. Routine maintenance is all you will ever need. And I usually get about 20 MPG in- town. Plus, its very stylish and looks great!

Finally got a blue one
By kahlme2002 on 09/25/06 18:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

There has got to be something good here. They were used for police cars. They are headturners. Haven't had it in any weather yet, so I'm waiting to see. Can't believe when they end a tradition they make a plain base car. But it handles nice, ride is pretty good for sport, gas mileage isn't bad. It is a bit wide to see with the mirrors.