Used 2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

2005 Rendezvous
By marshall shapiro

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Rendezvous. It is a very 'convenient' automobile, comfortable for 4-5 adult passengers and large storage capacity. They have been very reliable for me, though I got better gasoline mileage with my first (AWD) one, averaging almost 21 mpg. This present one averages slightly under 20 mpg. My biggest complaint with this one is the ride. It seems to 'feel' every little bump and stone, more than I would expect with 17" wheels. Depending upon the price, I would consider another lease or purchase.

Surprisingly short turning radius Very roomy for passengers and loading space.

Improve gasoline mileage, and soften ride.

Very Surprising!
By Bill

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Rendevous for about a year now and I really can't believe the value! I never really even knew this SUV existed and boy am I happy I found it! It has so much more room than any other in it's class. Also, I was very concerned with the mileage and have been so surprised with the economy of this vehicle. I have friends with Jeeps and Toyotas who struggle with milieage and I have the bigger SUV and am consistently getting 22 around town and at least 26 on the HWY. It's all about how you drive it! Bottom line is they discount these vehicles big time because they can't compete with the imports, so for the money...there is no better deal going! There is so much room it's crazy!

Size, fuel economy is great for something this big. Ride comfort. AWD great in bad weather.

None. It's great

Don't Believe EPA
By Jim Johnston

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased 2005 Buick Rendezvous new. The principal reason for choosing it over the alternatives under consideration was the 26 MPG EPA on the sticker. The best we can get at normal interstate highway speeds is between 20 and 22 MPG. We like the vehicle, but are very disappointed in the mileage.

Well built.

Improve mileage or accurately report estimates of interstate mileage.

Rendezvous is a great vehicle
By Steve_PA

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Being a very satisfied Honda and Nissan minivan owner for the last 14 years, I was hestiant when we bought the Rendezvous. We love it. Great ride. Very intelligent design.

Interior design. Great ride.

Do not eliminate this model.

Vehicle Rating
By Faye

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The one item that I have a concern is I cannot use my lighter to charge my cell phone as it blows the fuse. I was told to get an adapter and put it in before I use the charger for my cell phone. I have friends who have the same SUV, not the Ultra and they have no problems.

OnStar and satellite radio.

None at this time, unless the cig. lighter can be improved.

• SUV