Used 2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Awesome Car
By none

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this Rendezvous because of the price, and the fact that this is not our first Buick. The Rendezvous has many features with the CX base. The ride is very comfortable with a lot of leg room. There is also a lot of cargo room. You can fit many boxes in the car if you are moving. There isn't that much wind noise in the car even if you drive fast. The car also is high in the back and lower in the front to prevent the car from tipping over. The gas mileage is great. We drove from Connecticut to Maine and it took about 1 full tank of gas.

Huge middle compartment. Many compartments, lots of leg room, huge trunk. High back, great mpg. Looks very fancy at a low price

Make the rear hatch easier to close. Make the rear hatch open lower, it hits the garage ceiling. Change the back design. Add side steps, the car is high. Make a roof rack standard

My Rendezvous
By 2005 rendezvous

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My mileage is averaging 24mph with the air on, (nice) tachometer approx 2000 rpm (65-70 mph) I enjoy the feel and safety if this car. It has lots of safety features that I never had on any car before, door lock, etc. I like the feel of safety in AWD. The Rendezvous was an Avis rental, no problems as of the writing this report

Safety features

One suprise I got was the cabin filter, price was $49.95, should be $10-$15. I can do a lot of compressor work to clean out this filter

Learn to love it
By Loretta

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I did not want this vehicle when we purchased it but, the more I drove it the more I loved it. It has plenty of space for the kids sports gear, the back seats recline to let the kids relax on a long trip, drink holders, storage space, lots of extras. It has turned out to be a great vehicle, and for the size the gas mileage is good. I get about 300 miles to a tank full. I reccomend it.

Plenty of leg room up front and middle compartment to store things. I also like the plug in, in the back for coolers.

A plug in on the passengers side floorboard.

We Love It!
By Marcia L

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We love our Rendezvous. This was my first American vehicle and so far so good. We've owned it 10 months now. The ride is smooth and comfortable. Gas mileage is exactly as advertised on the sticker (19 city/26 hwy). It's roomy and comfortable on longer trips. Lots of storage space.

Favorite features include deep, locking center console that I can store my laptop.

Rear hatch should be easier to close. It takes a little muscle.

New - Used - Rendezvous
By Doug Curtis

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife refused to drive a minivan and I did not want to pay for the gas of a traditional SUV. That leaves a crossover. We wanted to trade our Saab for either a Lexus, Acura, or BMW, but when we looked at the Rendezvous we were hooked. We got a great deal on a year old GM exec CXL AWD with everything on it but the Nav and upgraded engine. It rides better than all the other vehicles we drove, and talk about quite. Only down side is the engine performance. If you really want to get on it, the base engine won't cooperate, but it more than suffices for normal driving. I am getting a combined 23-24 mpg on 87 gas. No complaints there.

DVD entertainment system, XM radio, seat comfort, third row (I'm 6'2" and I fit), excellent quiet ride.

Engine performance - needs more horsepower and torque, auto-up driver's window, another power port up front

• SUV