Used 2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

My Rendezvous
By 2005 rendezvous

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My mileage is averaging 24mph with the air on, (nice) tachometer approx 2000 rpm (65-70 mph) I enjoy the feel and safety if this car. It has lots of safety features that I never had on any car before, door lock, etc. I like the feel of safety in AWD. The Rendezvous was an Avis rental, no problems as of the writing this report

Favorite Features

Safety features

Suggested Improvements

One suprise I got was the cabin filter, price was $49.95, should be $10-$15. I can do a lot of compressor work to clean out this filter

Learn to love it
By Loretta

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I did not want this vehicle when we purchased it but, the more I drove it the more I loved it. It has plenty of space for the kids sports gear, the back seats recline to let the kids relax on a long trip, drink holders, storage space, lots of extras. It has turned out to be a great vehicle, and for the size the gas mileage is good. I get about 300 miles to a tank full. I reccomend it.

Favorite Features

Plenty of leg room up front and middle compartment to store things. I also like the plug in, in the back for coolers.

Suggested Improvements

A plug in on the passengers side floorboard.

We Love It!
By Marcia L

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We love our Rendezvous. This was my first American vehicle and so far so good. We've owned it 10 months now. The ride is smooth and comfortable. Gas mileage is exactly as advertised on the sticker (19 city/26 hwy). It's roomy and comfortable on longer trips. Lots of storage space.

Favorite Features

Favorite features include deep, locking center console that I can store my laptop.

Suggested Improvements

Rear hatch should be easier to close. It takes a little muscle.

New - Used - Rendezvous
By Doug Curtis

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife refused to drive a minivan and I did not want to pay for the gas of a traditional SUV. That leaves a crossover. We wanted to trade our Saab for either a Lexus, Acura, or BMW, but when we looked at the Rendezvous we were hooked. We got a great deal on a year old GM exec CXL AWD with everything on it but the Nav and upgraded engine. It rides better than all the other vehicles we drove, and talk about quite. Only down side is the engine performance. If you really want to get on it, the base engine won't cooperate, but it more than suffices for normal driving. I am getting a combined 23-24 mpg on 87 gas. No complaints there.

Favorite Features

DVD entertainment system, XM radio, seat comfort, third row (I'm 6'2" and I fit), excellent quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Engine performance - needs more horsepower and torque, auto-up driver's window, another power port up front

2005 Rendezvous
By marshall shapiro

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Rendezvous. It is a very 'convenient' automobile, comfortable for 4-5 adult passengers and large storage capacity. They have been very reliable for me, though I got better gasoline mileage with my first (AWD) one, averaging almost 21 mpg. This present one averages slightly under 20 mpg. My biggest complaint with this one is the ride. It seems to 'feel' every little bump and stone, more than I would expect with 17" wheels. Depending upon the price, I would consider another lease or purchase.

Favorite Features

Surprisingly short turning radius Very roomy for passengers and loading space.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gasoline mileage, and soften ride.