2002 Buick Rendezvous 3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 50,000 mile review

2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Review

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

CX 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

50,000 mile review
By pjk on

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Rendezvous now for 52,000 miles. Had very little problems. I drive 21 miles each way to work, very hilly rough terrain. I live in PA, very tough on vehicles. Salt on the roads all winter. Large pot holes. One day last winter I counted twelve small cars and small SUV's on the side of the road with serious suspension problems after one of our major highways fell apart in Jan. My Rendezvous has a tough suspension, stainless exhaust and large 16" wheels. The activated charcoal cab air filter is great for keeping deisel exhaust etc. out of your lungs. The OnStar is a lifesaver I will not do without. The galvanized metal body does not rust. No problem with half ton loads

Favorite Features

Quiet smooth shifting engine. 28 mpg Removable rear seats. Alloy brakes don't rust. Simple design Alloy suspension doesn't rust. Smooth quiet ride. 64 db at 65 mpg. in the rain. I'm still driving on original tires! Brakes lasted 42,000 miles!! and they all wore down exactly the same! Go GM!

Suggested Improvements

Don't use Japanese made AC parts that broke. I miss my Caprice AC. my ac works fine but it was the only thing to break.. actually never stopped working just leaked a little... had to have it fixed.