Used 2011 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Regal Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

So far, so good.
By amajo

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

MPG is a strange thing. I have over 2,000 miles on my new Regal and both times with manual calculations at the gas pump I've had over 36 MPG. The fuel economy is excellent and happily unexpected. Of course, most miles were highway. My teenage son said the back seat was very comfortable - more so than the 2001 Buick Regal that we traded in. While on the road at a rest area, I had a couple comment that they had been following me for miles trying to check out my car. People I don't know have given me praise. This is great. Thank you Buick! Even though this car was manufactured in Germany, I suspect that the engineering was all American (perhaps Michigander - Minded).

The On-Star Navigation service is like having Minions in your dashboard. They have been very nice and so helpful. I'll have to see if I can afford it after the free trial.

My teenage son would like heat warmers in the back seat and a backseat audio system with headphones - perhaps with the ability to hook up his I-pod. Is there a way to include a Wi-Fi zone inside the car with the On-Star subscription or some other way? It would be a great standard feature. Go Buick!

t07 with problems
By snewby04

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a beautiful white t07 regal turbo. This car handles amazing and drives great. My car unfortunately has a front suspension rattle in the right front. Its been to the dealer twice and I have opened a case with GM. To no avail, car still rattles and nobody at Buick cares. I guess I will have to pursue lemon law since Buick customer service doesnt care about their customers. Otherwise a wonderful car with nice amenities and looks great.

Nav, driver selectable suspension

No remote start on 2011 or homelink....glaring omissions

Underetimated
By timetraveling

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Origanlly interested in Volkswagen CC. I was dertermined to buy a well made foreign car. I was fed up with GM, Ford and Dodge. But while doing some research came across the Buick Regal. Took one look and new this was the car for me. This car was loaded! The 2.4 Turbo is plenty of power for me.

The styling of the Regal will turn heads. The 18" rims defintely set it off. I went crusing downtown and the Blue paint sparkled under the high rises. I was the man today!

The audio controls are a bit much, and will take some time to get used too. But I feel thats all it will take is time to get used too.

functionality plus
By gatonegro

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Good car for young professional woman with family. I have had black w/ black interior for a few days and so far very comfortable commute and lots of compliments. I feel very safe and enjoying standard features. I almost bought turbo, as a little more fun to drive and attracted to ability for alternative corn based fuel, however my lifestyle is prohibitive and not anticipating drag racing :) Non-turbo provides enough zippy power for day 2 day and better MPG. Back seat is roomy for as small a car this is, which is good for family with older kids, but my 6'2 husband has to stoop head. I will transition this to tween-age son, who also really liked, when old enough to drive in a few years.

The seat is highly adjustable, noticed I can get a tall car feel and low sporty feel both comfortably by adjusting driver seat. Both inside and out is not ostentatious, but provides refined feel. When anticipating from the dimensions on paper, was very surprised how both look from outside and inside roomy feel was!

i think the e-assist available on 2012 version a move in right direction.

Be Careful!
By bradlys

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The transmission has nearly killed us several times while merging into traffic. It has also just quit working, requiring On Star to reset the computer. Though nothing can be found at the dealer, several excuses have been offered. We drove several different Regals while test driving and one of those did the same thing but we thought it might have been us, well it wasn't. The car doesn't down shift while slowing down so when you go to accelerate there is a long pause (very long). The bad part is you never know when it will do it which will lull you into a false sense of security. The rear taillights look like they were assembled for 2 different cars and the paint is chipping horribly.

We really wanted to like this car but just can't. We bought it because we wanted an American car with a German feel and that is what it offered being designed and built in Germany. The interior is pleasant and styling looks good.

If we could give it back we would but will suffer through (hopefully not getting killed) until we can trade it for a BMW. It's herky/jerky transmission and inconsistent manners have it parked most of the time. My wife is spooked and is afraid to drive it much. Big buyer’s remorse!