Used 2003 Buick Regal GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Regal - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Great car!
By Tennessee Bulldog

2003 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have had my Regal for over 4 years, and I love it. It has given me reliable service, and has had very few problems. I now have 140,000 miles on it, and it still looks and runs great. I highly rcommend this car.

Favorite Features

The leather seats are very comfortable. I hear no wind noise.

03 Regal Chrome/Aluminum Wheels
By Flash

2003 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love my Regal with two exceptions. Recently discovered that the $250.00 16" Chrome over Aluminum Wheels have corroded leading to separation between the Chrome and the Aluminum. This resulted in my new Michelin tires not sealing to the rim. In addition the headlight dimmer switch, buried in the stalk on the steering wheel failed. Discovered that there is no relay, so failure is expected. Most other cars in the world use a replaceable relay for high current use. Very bad design!

Favorite Features

Otherwise I love my Buick! It routinely delivers 28+ mpg on cruise at 70+ mph. The supercharger is impressive too! The heated seats, dual zone, and sound system are favorites with my wife.

Suggested Improvements

Do not use Chrome/Aluminum in high salt environments. Use a headlight relay switch. I'd pay the extra $0.50!

Rattle trap
By jedibert

2003 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The most symphonic vehicle I've ever owned. The nonstop creaks and squeaks are ridiculous. GM uses THE cheapest materials for their interiors. I should have waited for "quiet tuning".

Favorite Features

As a leftover, I got a great deal on a very reliable car. I like the Monsoon stereo, the best standard radio I've owned.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade interior materials. What's with the ashtray? Completely useless! More places for storage of small items.

Buick Regal GS 2003
By micmo

2003 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My fully loaded Regal GS Aboud compares quite favorably with enrty level BMW, Infiniti, Caddy, Lexus, and Toyota. I am very impressed with the aspirated engine and the tight handling. It compares well to my Mercedes in craftsmanship as well. Seating comfort is very good and the leather heated/adjustable seats are above average. The cabin quiet is greatly appreciated and the Monsoon stereo system is pleasing indeed. The year end pricing of this vehicle made the difference for me. The trunk could be shorter giving a bit more rear leg room to the passengers and the dash is too reflective on bright days.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, and handling are above average. The creature comforts of dual zone AC, Monsoon stereo, heated leather/power seats, and Aboud package make this a very nice car. Easy to maintain. Two tone paint makes it a looker beyond Edmunds opinion.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk is too long making for uncomfortable retrieval of goods. Faux pax wood interior is un cool. Dash should not glisten in the sun.

Buick Regal GS: A Dream Come True
By miltonfrty7

2003 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have never owned a car that performs like my Regal GS. My Regal has 92,000 miles and runs beautifully. People to this day cannot believe that I drive a 1998 model because it looks so new. I have had the oil changed faithfully every 2 to 3 thousand miles. I make sure that every option is in good working order. I keep the car in mint condition because I love the car. It is beautiful, comfortable, reliable, and has every option available. The supercharger makes a huge difference in the engine performance which produces 240hp (the most powerful engine in its class). I love the car!

Favorite Features

The powerful engine. The beauty of the car. The heated front seats. Delay door lock. Low tire warning sensors. Traction control

Suggested Improvements

I have replaced the cup holder on the front seat console twice. It costs $1000 to repair a heated seat!!!(a bit excessive). A little more headroom would be nice.