2000 Buick Regal 3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fun to drive, drag to

2000 Buick Regal - Consumer Review

Fun to drive, drag to fix
By NL on

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 2000 Buick GSE for two years now. I love the supercharged 3.8, powershift and traction control, leather seats and the sleeper look. The car has plenty of power when I want it and the traction control works better than I expected in upstate ny winters. The interior is well done, my favorites are the leather seats,the monsoon stereo, and very cold a/c. I recently turned 44k miles and have replaced front brakes due to frozen caliper, rear brake rotors due to warp, there is an exhaust leak at the flex and unbelievably all the wheels are so corroded that they leak air and the shop recomends replacing all for $800-$1000. The white paint is also failing and starting to peel.

Favorite Features

Supercharged 3.8, traction control, a/c, leather seats

Suggested Improvements

Quality, quality, quality. I have owned other GMs and they all have the same lousy brake life and problems. The same exhaust failure as on my 92' Lesabre. The rims are all bad at only 44000 miles is ridiculous and the paint is peeling off on the quarter panels in both wheel wells.