2010 BMW X5 Consumer Review: X5 35d Twin Turbo - 'nuf said

2010 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

X5 35d Twin Turbo - 'nuf said
By cmonty on

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I commute 120 miles a day, so I need a car with both fuel economy and an exciting driving experience. My commute has gone from a total drag to something I actually look forward to. The 425lbs of torque plaster me to the drivers seat and the responsive steering makes maneuvering in traffic a breeze. I chose the Premium Package, Technology Package, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package and Rear Climate Package with running boards and roof rack. I have put just over 1000 miles on the vehicle and the on-board computer is reporting that my average speed is 47 miles per hour with a MPG of 25.6. This is better average MPG than my Honda Accord! I would recommend the X5 35d to anyone!

Interior fit and finish, overall looks, drive and ride qualities.

The only thing that has gone wrong with this car is a crack in the driver's side rear-view mirror due to excessive heat from the defroster. Passport BMW has agreed that it is a defect and will be replacing the mirror free of charge.