2013 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
Loving the X3
By clayewi on 10/21/13 11:39 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had four successive 5 series wagons. Sadly, BMW doesn't bring them to the states so I had to really consider what to get next. The X1 was TINY and just didn't feel like a BMW to me. Without question my last 5 had a more luxurious interior, but that's expected. The X3 has a much nicer interior than the current 3 series. The screen is IN the dash where it should be, not sticking up like a design afterthought. The engine/transmission combo is amazing; very quick and agile. It doesn't handle like a car, but much better than other SUV's. The tech package is very nicely done. Gas mileage is really good for the size. The car feels much lighter than my 5 wagon, much faster though.

WOW sports car with a back pack!
By msbeanz on 04/17/13 15:44 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought this in alpine white on black and I call it my new spaceship. I also test drove the 3L engine but the 2L seemed lighter and much more responsive, not to mention for '13 both models have the same horsepower and torque! I traded in a Nissan Juke which was truly just a joke, super small, not safe, tiny 9 gal gas tank, no hatch space for a big grocery trip unless you put both rear seats down etc.. so this was a giant upgrade with absolutely no regrets!!! I wasnt a huge fan of run flats due to their cost if you even run over a nail, but i'm starting to be a fan of how thick they are for any bumps in the road, you feel practically nothing! To assure myself, I bought the extra tire warranty.

Expensive, but you get what you pay for
By tostig on 02/28/13 20:58 PM (PST)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Traded in my old 2003 BMW X5 for a shiny new 2013 BMW X3 28i. It doesn't have quite the build quality of the X5, but on the other hand, doesn't cost $80,000 either. Road feel, handling, steering, and general sportiness/fun are outstanding. The 28i 4 cyllinder turbo is surprisingly powerful and capable. Absolutely love the interior and all the tech gadgets (sat nav, bluetooth, large computer screen, whole music library on hard disk, etc etc). Very upscale appointments and nice touches throughout. Kind of a cross between an SUV and a sport sedan, for those who want both and are willing to pay a premium to have them both embodied within the same vehicle.

Wish I hadn't bought this car
By missmyscout on 01/15/13 08:16 AM (PST)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I "upgraded" from a Volvo XC90 2.0T to a BMW X3 because I wanted something, smaller, zippier, and with modern electronics (bluetooth, ipod interface, & nav). Well, I did get smaller. Prefer my old Volvo or my husband's new Subaru Outback. Not pleased with: Back hatch doesn't not close well - half the time I get a message that the back hatch is open after I close it with the push button. Electronics are "fussy" to use - you can use the joystick on the center console to go to radio or ipod, but you still need to turn the sound knob on the dash to "on". Why two steps? And why does BMW make "Park" a separate button on the transmission stick from Reverse & Drive? TG it's a lease.

Mileage overstated!
By woodsieco on 12/21/12 06:28 AM (PST)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My 6cyl 3 series averaged 28.4 mpg on the highway when traveling in the 80-85 mph range. The X3 is in the area of 18mpg. Now, if I slow down to 70 the mileage jumps up to 26+. Of course on the highways of AZ and CO where the limit is 75, traveling under the limit is somewhat risky as the normal flow is near 90. Overall I really like the X3, and I suppose 18 mpg on the highway for an all wheel drive isn't horrible, although my previous Explorer was over 20 mpg. Driving within normal limits I average 27.6 combined. I notice no difference in performance or MPG with different gas grades. So it seems as if the cheap stuff is just fine in the cool weather and mid-grade when it is warm out.

The X3 is Awesome!
By lyn381 on 11/11/12 16:03 PM (PST)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I love my X3. After test driving the RX350, Mercedes GLK, FX35 and the Audi Q5 I kept going back to the X3 couldn't remember the features of the others only that of the X3. The back seat is roomy enough for my teenage son. I like the quietness of the ride. I haven't found anything that I don't like about this vehicle yet. Great birthday gift to myself

X3 rocks!
By ziczaczoom on 08/23/12 17:03 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought this SUV after extensive research and test drive of many SUVs for the past one year that includes RX350, Q5, FX35 and MB GL. this is the perfect SUV that both me and my wife fell in love. this SUV is fast, fun to drive and comfortable. the back seat roomy for its size and as big as RX350. the interior is high quality and I love the technology package that gives you all the latest gizmos. I get 21 in city and 27 in highway. the interior is quiet and luxurious. it is gives stand out of crowd that owns RX350s and MDXs.

Satisfied 2013 X3 Customer
By on 07/18/12 11:16 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I researched options for a "retirement" SUV that would satisfy my need for utility and enjoyable driving at the same time--the BMW X3 has met my expectations in every way. The car handles like a sports car, carries 5 adults comfortably and accomodates my bicycle as I find places to use my new free time. I was a bit concerned about the power of the 4 cylinder engine but it has ample power with the Turbo assist. The buying experiences with client advisor Lonnie Overby was a "no pressure" and pleasant experience in every way, and I would recommend him to anyone.

Glad I bought it over the Q5
By ptlptl2000 on 06/26/12 19:23 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Love this car the more I drive it and still trying to figure out the functions. The car has great maneuverablity and I am able to zip in/out of traffic while feeling very much in control. Pick up is very fast and good in all driving modes, but a bit hesitant around corners after a complete stop.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 BMW X3 Suv in VA is:

$135 per month*