2011 BMW X3 Consumer Review: 2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i

2011 BMW X3 - Consumer Review

xDrive28i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 8-speed Automatic)

2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i
By gazeboarder on

2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

This is my first BMW. I've had the car for 5 months. I previously owned an Infiniti FX35. I like the X3. The feel on the road is nice and solid. Heated steering wheel is great in cold temps but the location of the button sucks. BMW could improve their ergonomics and sound system. The iPod connection system has a mind of it's own. The sound system in my Infiniti had better sound. I love the look of his car from the front. $1200+ for a trailer hitch is a joke. Yakima and Thule does not have a roof rack compatible with this vehicle. Initial acceleration is a bit slow at times which is weird for a car that claims the Ultimate Driving Experience.

Favorite Features

-Heated steering wheel -cruise control system -rear heated seats -general fit and feel of the interior -18 inch alloy wheels

Suggested Improvements

- better ergonomics. The position of controls in the car are awkward. This includes: stereo controls, push start button, heated steering wheel button, lumbar support controls - Upgraded stereo is weak. Needs more power and aftermarket speakers. A colab with a HiFi brand would be nice. Audi teamed with B&O - Better sun roof. Copy the Audi Q5 sunroof. - Make a simple trailer hitch option. Charging $1200 is a joke. An aftermarket hitch can be purchased for $200. - Make the roof rails compatible with major roof rack brands like Yakima and Thule. SAV means sports activity vehicle. With that said make the car easy for consumers who participate in activities such as snowboarding.
By nobmw3
on 05/30/12 20:03 PM (PDT)

I agree and this is not the "ultimate driving machine". Customer service stinks and there is an attitude from the company! Grossly overpriced, look at US made altrnates.