Used 2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2010 BMW 335i
By james108

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We have been moving from Toyota to BMW in the past years. After having a 7 and 3, we just got this 335i and like it even better. I thought my bmw's are fast, but this one is even faster.

Favorite Features

They're really ultimate driving machines. Good engine and great brake. Feel safe on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Some small electronics issues and bmw dealers charge customers way too much.

Really great car!!!
By atldane

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had 3 Land Rover Discovery and decided to try the 3 series. I still have my latest Discovery and have wanted to go back to a BMW for a while. My car was a loaner for the service department and had 12K miles when I bought it. This is an awesome car!! Def made for the driver. Even though it is only the 328I, it drives amazing. Perfect for driving on the interstate and intown. My partner has an E class Mercedes and does not like driving my BMW, but I don't like his Mercedes as much as mine. Really different driving experiences. I really recommend this car for anyone. I recently got 30.8 mpg..used to 13 mpg in my Rover!

Favorite Features

Handling, Driver experience, MPG, Great Looks, lots of comments.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system, cup holders, storage.

My Dream Come True
By Flaglergal

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have always driven "sensible" cars, Camry, Taurus, Etc. My last car was a 2007 Maxima and believe me I loved it until now. I decided I wanted a BMW. I went to the dealership with intentions of buying and I did. I wasn't looking for the 335i turbo but once I drove it I knew it was mine. I drove from Florida to Pennsylvania this weekend and it was a dream. This car handles better than any car I ever had, hugs the road without outside noise. Seats, took awhile for me to figure out all the adjustments, are very comfortable. Being petite I often have trouble with the seats, not this car. My one complaint-the seat belt doesn't adjust so it crosses against my neck and not comfortable

Favorite Features

Too many to list, but the bluetooth is outstanding. MPG was approximately 27 highway driving, not great but not bad either.

Suggested Improvements

driver seat belt should be height adjustable for us short drivers.

Nice car with some issues
By ---

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice car with lots of delightful features (especially with the almost fully loaded car). There have been a lot of complaints about the run flat tires. They are noisy and makes the car handle poorly. A great car has been a bit handicapped because of this choice by BMW which maybe should be offered as an option to buyers. Note that runflats are not installed on BMW's pure sport M3 model. This shows you what BMW themselves think about runflat tires. The base audio system is also very poor IMO. But there are tons of details and safety features that one should not overlook and other than the nitpicks above this is an awesome car. There is a reason why this is very popular in this segment

Favorite Features

IDrive, Engine power, Exterior and interior fit/finish and looks.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of runflats or offer as option, improve base audio system, improve knee room for driver.

Calling it free service is a gimmick
By dee

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned multiple BMW's I can say they are great cars. But the company uses the marketing trick of saying service is free, when in fact, they determine what normal service is, so don't really do much service to the car. BMW says the car can go 25,000 miles between oil changes, has lifetime coolant that never needs service, and they don't check the car out for issues until about end of the 4 years of free service .

Favorite Features

Great handling

Suggested Improvements

Calling it "free service" actually is very misleading, so don't offer it. Let customers pay for service, and lower the price of the car