Used 2002 Audi TT Coupe Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi TT Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Lemon or not?
By Charlie

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have dreamed of owning an Audi TT for years. I found an '02 with 14K miles on it, garage kept (impeccable condition). Still smells new. I thought I was getting a real good deal for paying $23,900. I thought there can't be anything wrong with this baby. Well, I bought it on a friday evening, took it home had it for the weekend and noticed a knocking noise coming from the front driver's side tire. Called dealership where was purchased, said you have to call audi, had it picked up monday, shipped to San Antonio TX, they kept if for 2 weeks, received it friday. Drove it 2 miles and same loud knocking. It's getting picked up mon again and god only knows how long it will be before i get to enjoy.

style, speed, appeal, stereo, braking

power seats, easier to operate climate control. I havn't had it long enough to get the just on operation. Huge blind spot. Delay on acceleration, but when the turbo kicks in watch out, or hold on!

My little TT
By TonyS

2002 Audi TT Coupe 180hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This was a fun car to own, however my biggest disappointment was that in 3 years the dealer could not make it stop rattling. Also, the cargo cover in the trunk is really a piece of junk - a primary source of rattles. Other than that it was quick, reliable and fun to drive.

Turbo charger and the Skid Prevention

Replace the cargo shelf with something else and the cup holders shouldn't be behind your elbow

My second TT
By fjp_tt

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had an early 2000 TT with the 180hp engine, and loved it, but yearned for a bit more engine. Two years later and a really good lease deal and my yearning is satisfied. My green 225hp is a perfect blend of great performance, fabulous looks and even excellent fuel economy! My only mistake was the lease which means I'll have to find a replacement - possibly my third TT if Audi doesn't mess with it too much in the coming model year.

The combination of handling and just enough hp to be a real blast - and of course quattro all-wheel drive.

Keep the price down and fix the silly trunk cover that won't stop rattling unless I remove it.

Style over substance
By Brandon Keener

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This was my first German car after one Toyota, one Honda, and two Acuras. This was such a wonderful change from the Asian generic look of my previous cars, but the warranty issues were not something I was used to dealing with (bad clutch at 12K, haywire windows, faulty airbag, dead radio, oil burning). Regardless of these issues, I still love the car. Woefully underpowered for $39,800, it all comes down to the look. I have never been looked at more in any car I have ever owned. My relationship with the car was so strong that I forgave all its deficiencies....almost....see improvement needs....

Looks, looks, looks. Great storage for sportscar. Great clutch. HID lights are perfect on this car. Set the standard for aluminum use in cars. Great gas consumption. Nice fat Alcantara steering wheel.

Quality is horrible. Bose stereo has NO bass and does not allow speaker adjustments. CD changer is a pain to use. Rubbery shifter. Huge lag in turbo.

Live Close to a Dealer
By audi owner

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp ALMS Edition quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car! this is my second Audi purchase -
both similar stories: In the shop every
4-8 weeks. Just make sure you have
ready access to a dealer nearby and
expect to get to know them. But, hey,
you'll love the car - reliable or
not!!!

Style, interior, handling

Better quality components - but nothing else!