2002 Audi TT Coupe Consumer Reviews 3

2002 Audi TT Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
ALMS for me
By jon weden on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp ALMS Edition quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've loved this car from the first day I took possession of it. With the turbocharged engine, nicely matched 6-speed manual and quattro all-wheel drive this car provides all the performance of cars priced thousands higher. The TT is really in it's element on open, twisting roads - but I've found that it is fun to slalom through the ponderously large SUV's which congest our urban freeways! The details of this car are designed to delight - all the way down to the beautifully designed gas filler - makes filling the tank marginally enjoyable. In the two years I've had the car I have had had no mechanical problems and only minor issues with the radio system.

just info
By bozbag on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I haven't had any problems with the vehicle at all. Plan on buying another set of wheels and tires if you plan on driving in the winter where it snows.

Everyday is raceday at Le Mans
By MNR on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Have had the ALMS for just over a year and a half and i never get tired of looking at it. Got the Avus silver with red leather interior and its the most beautiful interior i've ever seen in a car regardless of price. Being single, this car doesn't dissappoint. Great handling car, could use better steering feel and weight and less turbo lag. Definately need a radar detector with this one.....

Pre-Owned TT
By gottcha on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun, fun, fun, to drive. Wheather the car is parked or on the road, it always turns heads.

Too fun to drive
By bertram31 on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I traded a 1999 A4 in for this car and my first impression was wow what a difference. The car tracks as if it's on rails. No problems in 16K miles. The 225 HP turbocharged engine pulls like a raped ape! There is some turbo lag but you get used to it quickly. My wife and I constantly fight over who gets to drive it too work. Talk about a head turner, too bad I'm not single again.

What my Porsche Carrera 4S wasn't
By TTDPM on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

The Audi TT ALMS is everything my C4S wasn't, and what I expected it to be. My C4S was fast, handled well, and was awd. That's where the similarities end. The C4S had switches from a JC Whitney catalog. The wipers screamed old generation VW bug. The ALMS TT is comfortable, well built, and has storage to boot, and at about 50K less than the C4, it's a steal. Anyone who complains about this car should buy an exotic, and live in it for one week, and realize what a great car they are driving

Nice Little Rocket
By johntt on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love the TT, it is quick nimble and just a hoot to drive! My wife love to drive it too, she thinks it's the sexiest car on the road. if i could change 2 things, 1. give it more power. I had an M Roadster and, to me the TT seems too slow for something this cool. 2. sloppy shifter. Once again, the BMW's shifter was much more precise. Overall, we love out TT and never plan on selling.

Know what you're buying
By colodriver on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Purchased a 225 ALMS edition in Sept 02. Pros: fast, great design, ALMS red and 18" wheels, TT look is a head turner; Gearbox is smooth; Trunk storage adequate in back for golf clubs or Costco runs; Complaints: significant turbo lag in 1st gear (much more than the 180hp), some rattles at 3K miles (!!). Annoying support frame (for center console) makes it a little uncomfortable for tall drivers.The TT is a gocart - fast and nimble; and a pleasure to drive. Great handling at high speeds on mountain roads. After 6 months no problems. TT puts it all into one package - nimble, fast, fun and a head turner to boot.

It's OK, but....
By thompja53 on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 180hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 180hp is weak. I was going to trade mine for a 2003 automatic but without the manual this is a dog to drive. For the same trade difference I got a new 350Z with about $7500 in options not on a similarily priced Audi. After 3 BMW's and one Audi, I've had it with overpriced underpowered German quality.

No Regrets Here!
By K. Julien on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Handles great and it is extremely fun to drive...this car turns some heads! Great in all weather conditions. The interior warms up fast, even in single- digit temps. Drives solid like a larger vehicle with the manuverability of a sports car. I highly recommend getting the Bose Audio System for the ultimate TT experience! The sets are very comfortable and the manual transmission is smooth. A little disappointed that it doesn't have power seats, but the overall design and engineering of this car is superb-right down to the headlight spray/washer. Definately get the 225hp rather than the 180hp.