Used 2011 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

Best purchase ever!
By aklug

2011 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

I LOVE this car. I have never bought anything that I have been so happy with! I was hesitant to spend this much on a car but I can honestly and wholeheartedly say this car is WELL WORTH THE MONEY! The power, acceleration and handling are fantastic. While its not as raw muscle as an M3 its definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing. I love how many people try to race me or take me off the line and cannot touch this thing. It is an absolute blast to drive. Its almost depressing when you hit 80-85 and realize what the consequences would be to get caught going any faster. The interior is superb, its is uber comfortable and everything works very well with very few exceptions.

engine power, voice commands for phone/nav, backup sensors/camera. The quattro system with winter tires is amazingly capable in ice and snow, shockingly so.

The auto setting on climate control has a significant bias to the dash and upper vents, this should shift when the car is heating. Steering does (as mentioned) have an artificial feel, especially at low speeds. With the low front end it should have front parking sensors/camera too at this end of the range.

An Enthusiasts Daily Driver
By carnuts3

2011 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

Driving my new S4 four weeks now and am enjoying the car immensely. Easy and very fun to drive both in town and on the hwy. Put on 2100 miles - 900 in town and 1200 on a long road trip. Fit and finish is top notch. Blend of performance, luxury/comfort along with its mid-size makes this car almost perfect as a daily driver. Doesn't quite have the surgical handling and steering feel of a BMW 3 series. But the S4's power, smooth/responsive drive train, top notch build quality and materials, and extra six inches in length over the 3 series more than makes up for this. The S4 is a fast, stylish, higher end performance vehicle that is well worth its higher price.

Powerful/torquey engine with a smooth and responsive transmission. Top notch build quality and materials - especially the high-end interior with soft nappa leather. Very attractive and stylish both inside and out.

Center console layout is overly complex and button happy. Accessing controls while driving, especially the nav, could be challenging and is not recommended. Numb steering and brake feel is a little soft. Need to include memory seats as a stand alone option. Overall, if this vehicle was 2 inches wider and 4 inches longer, it would go from "almost perfect" to "perfect" as a daily driver.

Audi S4 Rocks
By derrick10

2011 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

My first Audi was a red 2008 TT with a 3.2L MT6 and totally ruled the road. This is my second Audi and is black and looks classy with a capital "C". The exterior rules with its accented body panels and is topped off with the "Supercharged" badging. The interior is sporty and the MMI is pretty cool with it's Sirius, Navigation and back up camera. If you test drive this baby, be prepared to bring her home!

I love the sound of the engine when the door is open and the lack of wind noise when zooming down the expressway. The Bluetooth works pretty well and does not pick up any exterior road noise. Finally, the manual transmission is a must for the sports car enthusiast.

Because we live in the midwest, I would suggest that Audi provide all season versus the high performance summer OE tires. Like the TT, I will have to purchase another set of tires for the harsh winter.

My New Addiction
By terrel

2011 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

Where to start?... This is my first Audi and new car. After about a year of research trying to find a car that had everthing I needed and wanted I finally found the S4. I live in Iowa right now so I wanted something that would handle these un-Godly winters and the AWD does that with ease. But this car is so much more that just sure footed. The interior is beautiful, it has power to spare and it's exterior reminds me of a sexy nerd; she kind of just blends in until you take the time to notice her. I was considering Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar and Range/Land Rover but my Audi was the best fit for me and I have absolutely no regrets. I'm looking forward to buying my next Audi.

DRL's, heated seats, automatic wipers, AWD, B&O sound system... everything about this car is my favorite feature.

This vehicle is great but it's not perfect. I've had it for about 45 days and I've had two issues. 1) The front breaks squealed. I was told when I went in that this is "normal" for performance cars. But I do not think that is acceptable. I happened to get lucky and they found a hard spot on my rotors (aka brake discs) but I've heard others say the dealer didn't fix it. My advise if you are experiencing brake squeal have them test drive it when the breaks are cold that seemed to be when my squeal was the worst. 2) My DSM (aka amplifier?) stopped working. I'm not sure if it was just a bad DSM or if this will become a normal thing. I have not heard this happening to a lot of people so I will

Near Perfectoin
By H

2011 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

I have owned an E92 335 and an E90 M3, and can say this is the best car I have ever owned. The combination of performance, comfort and price point is ideal when compared to competitors. The performance isn't quite in M3 territory, but the increased torque in this car, particularly on the low-end, make this car more fun and usable as a daily driver (not to mention it's about $15k cheaper than the M3). The S4 is also faster than the 335 and has a superior interior and stereo. The B&O system is impressive. Overall the car is amazing, only small nits that I can complain about...no memory seats, transmission is a bit lazy in auto mode

engine, sport diff, B&O

memory seats, more aggressive auto mode settings. car could use some more aggressive styling features, like flared rear fenders.