Used 2001 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Turbo
By Steve J

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is awesome! You can't compare the features and technology Audi incorporates into its car to BMW for the price. The Turbo rips once you get going above 30 and its the safest car I've ever driven. The power assist steering is a joy around town and at high speeds the car really locks down. Heated back seats are a crowd pleaser and if you ski its has a split seat and ski pass through. Put a good pair or tires on it and you'll love this car.

Turbo, Interior design and simplicity, Quattro, Ski Pass through.

Gas mileage is somewhat disappointing but the AWD system is the cause.

A Great Car
By Cameron

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I love this car! Bought it new and have had one electrical problem with radio that was covered under warrenty, but that's it. 10,000 miles between oil changes can't be beat. Very reliable and safe - best 4wd vehicle around for on street winter driving.

Interior sound level and overall comfort.

Better acceleration on the low end.

May be I'm just lucky...
By Boris

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

... but I haven't had any problems. It's an awesome car, well engineered, quite reliably built considering the number of features it has. Audi brand is definitely underrated in North America, but it is one of the hottest in Europe. Every time I get into my Audi I feel better already. It is excellent for highway cruising, but it also easily reveals its sporty character when pushed a little bit harder. And one more thing - safety. This is my second Audi A6, the first one was totaled after I was T-boned by Mercedes SUV at about 50 mph - pretty nasty collision. Not a slightest injury to myself, thanks to the side airbags and rigid body structure.

Interior design, elegant, cozy and refined. Automatic climate control system. Sound quality. Sport package. Excellent for winter driving.

Cruise control takes time to get used to. Slightly lags BMW in handling.

Buy one pre owned
By Jeff

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my A6 4.2 from an Audi dealership, If there are any reliability issues I am going to assume they are already taken care of, the car is quick, fun to drive and is not afraid in bad weather even with 300 ponies going to the ground (thank you quattro) my best advice, see if they have service records on the car you wish to purchase, and ask them what was done to the car before they put in on the lot. The dealership I bought mine from spent about 1800 dollars in the shop correcting a few problems associated with most Audis. I have owned a lot of cars, this one is fun and a great value for a luxury sedan (thousands less than BMW or Mercedes)

Quattro, 4.2 engine, sport package looks, and interior layout.

those silly cupholders, I am glad they moved them in 2005.

Problematic
By Kathy

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

My Audi A6 looks beautiful, but this is probably the worst car I have ever had and this includes a used 1973 chevy monte carlo I bought for $250 when a freshman in college. If you buy this car, be prepared to spend a lot of money for part replacements and repairs. Just when you think you've seen everything, this car surprises you with an unthinkable issue. My advise .... buy something else....