Used 2001 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

May be I'm just lucky...
By Boris

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

... but I haven't had any problems. It's an awesome car, well engineered, quite reliably built considering the number of features it has. Audi brand is definitely underrated in North America, but it is one of the hottest in Europe. Every time I get into my Audi I feel better already. It is excellent for highway cruising, but it also easily reveals its sporty character when pushed a little bit harder. And one more thing - safety. This is my second Audi A6, the first one was totaled after I was T-boned by Mercedes SUV at about 50 mph - pretty nasty collision. Not a slightest injury to myself, thanks to the side airbags and rigid body structure.

Interior design, elegant, cozy and refined. Automatic climate control system. Sound quality. Sport package. Excellent for winter driving.

Cruise control takes time to get used to. Slightly lags BMW in handling.

Buy one pre owned
By Jeff

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my A6 4.2 from an Audi dealership, If there are any reliability issues I am going to assume they are already taken care of, the car is quick, fun to drive and is not afraid in bad weather even with 300 ponies going to the ground (thank you quattro) my best advice, see if they have service records on the car you wish to purchase, and ask them what was done to the car before they put in on the lot. The dealership I bought mine from spent about 1800 dollars in the shop correcting a few problems associated with most Audis. I have owned a lot of cars, this one is fun and a great value for a luxury sedan (thousands less than BMW or Mercedes)

Quattro, 4.2 engine, sport package looks, and interior layout.

those silly cupholders, I am glad they moved them in 2005.

Problematic
By Kathy

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

My Audi A6 looks beautiful, but this is probably the worst car I have ever had and this includes a used 1973 chevy monte carlo I bought for $250 when a freshman in college. If you buy this car, be prepared to spend a lot of money for part replacements and repairs. Just when you think you've seen everything, this car surprises you with an unthinkable issue. My advise .... buy something else....

What was I thinking ?
By Joe

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

The first 4 months were great, then the problems started ... weird problems, you open the sun roof and the air conditioning would stop working, turn the headlights on and the wind sheild wippers turn on, accelerate on the highway, ABS lights come on, brakes are applied and you couldn't go over 20 miles / hour/ And the worst thing is, the dealer doesn't know how to fix it. I'm gonna trade it in.

Love & Hate
By Not Happy

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have a love and hate relationship with my Audi A6 2.7T. Its beautiful, fun to drive, great acceleration and handling, but the car is unbelivably unreliable. I will take it back to the dealership for the third time this month. Electronics and Electrical components seem to be Audi's weak points and not even the Factory Certified mechanics at the dealer can diagnose the many problems this car has had. Too bad, I really liked this car, but it will probably be my last Audi, if not my last German built car.

Acceleration and Hadling

Reliability, & Build quality.