Used 2006 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Fast, but Open-Sky is cheap quality
By DKAM

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Initially happy with the power and interior quality. A little turbo lag, especially in 1st gear. Quattro should be available with the manual transmission. I had to go for front-wheel drive to get M.T. which feels inferior to rear-drive cars like 325ci. Car is fast and nimble, but nowhere near that of the 3-series (2003 for comparison). The interior sunshade for Open-Sky system is cheap looking and feeling. The latches are breaking (common problem). This is an Audi luxury brand car and should not have such cheap parts. The rest of the interior is of good quality and presentation, though.

Engine is full of low-end torque and gets good fuel economy. Standard stereo is great sounding (even better than the Harman Kardon upgrade I had in BMW).

The sunshade on Open-Sky system should be similar to that in BMW (can fully eliminate sun and can slide to let any amount of sun in. The Audi system is only fully-open or fully-closed. The shade seems cheap, almost like something from a cheap greenhouse. I hate that this cheap part is in my Audi.

Stylish and peppy car that stands out!
By CET

2006 Audi A3 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My requirements for a car are always can I fit my 3 dogs? Is it AWD? Is it comfortable on long trips (I pack about 30,000 miles a year on a car....) Does the sound system actually SOUND GOOD? Finally IS IT FAST AND FUN TO DRIVE... The answer to all these are YES! If you need a car that can haul stuff, is sporty, and quick while safe in snow this baby is it! If you have a heavy foot gas mileage won't be as good as you think but MUCH better than my previous SUV. This car allowed me to be practical yet maintain my need for fun, speed, cool gadgets and nice rims all wrapped up neatly in AWD so I can get around on the back roads of NY in the winter.

FAST FAST FAST, you can chose between driving mode and sport mode (to reserve gas on long trips) MMI interface makes it easy to switch around from phone to music. Blue tooth technology makes hands free driving fun - even on loud roads it works great! 3 dogs fit just fine with seats down in back!

Parking break hits arm rest when engaged, passanger seat does not come with memory. The MMI interface make needs to be compatible with an iPOD. The memory cards are nice but only hold 2,000 songs. If you are a music addict this grows old fast. Guys over 6ft don't fit well in the back seat.

Looks like a Wagon, but....
By Vicki

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wasn't so sure about this car, but my fiance insisted that it is/was the best value on the road. We test drove it in Washington DC and bought it in Honolulu, HI. This car is incredible. It's fun to drive, has a definite wow factor, roomy, etc. We haven't had anything go wrong, but I have been tough on the wheels! I take corners fast and I love the feel of the car as it pulls through every turn. I have surprised numerous drivers on the road since many assume this car is just a wagon, but once I hit the gas petal, the A3 accelerates past pretty much anything out there.

Leather interior, Boise Sound Package, clean handling, shift paddles, upgraded wheels, rain sensing wipers, turbo.

Power front passenger seat, memory settings for driver seat, standard IPod hook-up, bigger 2.0T emblem on the back to warn other drivers! Shift paddles are fun but are hard to use when turning wheel. I do wish that it didn't look so much like a station wagon, but that might be going too far.

Best car I have owned!
By MichaelL

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have always wanted to own an Audi and now I know why! This is truly a great car - comfortable, reliable and fun to drive. Living on an island I cannot enjoy it to the max, but still appreciate everything about it. A few weeks ago, the car's brakes and handling saved my life - another car turned directly in front of me, I hit the brakes (no locking) and once I had slowed down, I touched the steering wheel to the right and got around the other vehicle - if I were in most other cars, I probably would not be writing this now!

Handling, brakes, CD/Radio, Sunroof, Visibility are the main ones.

Nothing that I can think of!

Solid
By dkimgonet

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming down from driving 96 A6, this car gives me so much joy and fun for daily commute of 30 miles on busy freeway 10 in LA. I had such a fun driving A6 qattro for 5 years especially when I was in NY but this little brother is suprisingly solid for the price I paid for. I am sure it's not a very difficult choice for most of folks who test drive this car to agree with me about this car but driving longer period of time just confirmed my decision further more. Drive it and enjoy your life and be a happy driver with this solid A3

Solid suspension and explosive acceleration.

Seat is a bit tight for my taste. having trouble finding right gear when accelerate after making a turn.