2014 Acura RLX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Acura RLX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RLX model:

Overall, great car but it does have some problems
By SS

2014 Acura RLX Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm very happy with the performance, handling, ergonomics and fuel efficiency. The only major complaint I have is with the battery going dead when the car sits for more than 2 days. I suspect it's a parasitic draw, possibly from the HFL module. Taking it back to the dealer and plan to leave it with them until they fix it. Apparently this is a problem with Acuras and I will not recommend buying this model, or any of the other ones, until they address it.

Drives Great "IF" You Can Get it to Start!
By Jacqueline Scott

2014 Acura RLX Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2014 RLX in May 2014. Other than the fact that the engine was kind of loud, and the car did not come with a spare tire of any kind, I was in love with my RLX the first time I drove it. My favorite feature is the All Wheel Steering; I love the way the car handles. What I don't love is that something keeps draining the battery. The first time my car failed to start was in Jan 2015, eight months after I purchased it. This happened again in Sep 2015. The car was completely dead both times; wouldn't make a sound. I had to call Acura roadside assistance to jumpstart the car each time. The car was taken to the dealership after each incident and they could not find what was causing the battery to drain, or any other problem with the vehicle. I have also had problems with the touch screen going blank, Forward Collision Warning activating for no reason, the Bluetooth/phone screen not responding, and voice activation not working properly. The Navigation system doesn't work very well either, once you "finally" figure out how to use it. I have had several problems trying to get the system to find addresses. The search feature doesn't do a good job of keying in on your current area for requested searches, not to mention, maps are outdated. As much as I like the Acura RLX, It is unreliable, so I would not recommend it to a friend or anyone else for that matter.

RLX-- love this car
By angela2014

2014 Acura RLX Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got the RLX with Advanced package in Oct. 2013. Have driven more than 15K miles, I can not be more happier. No matter it is 8 hrs drive from southern California to San Francisco or road trips to Vegas and Grand Canyon, or even daily commute on the highways, the car is so quite and comfortable, every time behind the wheel feels like a special treat to myself. My friends have A6 and E class, whenever they rode with me they can not stop praising how much they enjoy the ride and how well made the car was . Actually I got the feeling they sometimes find excuses to just take a ride with me because of they like this car.

I saw same critic reviews that Acura cars are not good looking, honestly to me Acura looks is classy, not every car needs to be macho man looking. Krell sound system in RLX is superb too!! I also have a 2013RDX. Reliability, Safety, Comfort, user friendly panels/display, abundant technology, and very important low maintenance are the features keep me coming back to Acura.

Acura need to invest more on marketing campaigns to build up consumer awareness. Once you drive an Acura it is very hard to switch to other makers, unless of course you have a lot of money and need a German badge to show off.

Really Good Car
By billg8

2014 Acura RLX Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is alot better than reviewed from my perspective. I think the issue is this: This DOES NOT compete with the BMW 5 series or MB E-Class (regardless of what Acura would like)...really more like Lexus, Infiitniti or Lincoln based on my experience. That said, based on actual purchase price-- strong discount to MSRP/Invoice so well below BWM/MB this is a high quality, nice driving (love teh AWS) vehicle. My personal feeling is, while not flashy, the car is also sophisticated looking. So far I'm very pleased with the overall package

Bad designn or bad quality?
By s_sc

2014 Acura RLX Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought of my RLX-ADV about 4 months ago and only put on about 1500 miles so far. I have already took it back three times for repair. There were iPhone 4S issue (automatic dial out and hang out), low battery and charging system warning sign(happened in less than first 50 miles), and camera too hot/LDW, LKAS shut down (90 degree outside) during driving. Dealer recharged the battery, but no action to other issues. Dealer and Acura insisted the shut down is the proper action by design. SF Bay Area is known for good climate. The LDW, LKAS shut-down happened multiple times in April. I really wonder what the car would do in Summer!

It is a fun car to drive when it works!

Camera can not sustain over 90 degree outside temperature is not acceptable. It would disable important security features of LDW, LKAS and FCW. A recall and re-design is urgently needed!

• SUV