2008 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
60K, so far, so good
By ducky79 on 02/13/12 16:34 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

2008 RDX, 60K mileage, no problem so far. I would say this is a very reliable car. Pro: reliable, great handling, decent power Con: rough ride, bad gas mileage I believe it can run 3-5 more years.

Rattle Trap
By andreadavis1 on 04/13/11 20:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Cute, Fun car to drive. Rough ride. You can feel every bump and vibration in your head rest and seat. Isn't this supposed to be a luxury car? Stiff suspension causes things to rattle in the car. Not enough compartments. Just a big deep hole in the center console. Not large enough to fit carseats behind drivers seat.

40K and so far, so good
By twistlock on 12/16/10 18:39 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

For the past couple of years my RDX has worked well - no warranty issues to date. In addition to city/ highway driving, I travel frequently to Lake Tahoe during the winter. The SH-AWD mated with winter tires keeps me truck'in along. Agree with other reviews that gas mileage is not the best when climbing the Sierra Nevada, but there is zero power loss (IMO) and I knew what to expect with a turbo-engine.

It's just ok
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been driving my RDX for 2 months now. Interior is nice with heated leather seats, moonroof. Not enough room in the back, my tall 9 year old won't be able to sit back there in a few years. Gas mileage is awful. 20 mpg on average. Its a gas guzzler and you must buy premium gas. poor cargo room. My honda crv had double the cargo. Nice pick up with the turbo acceleration. But too much of a gas guzzler, can't wait to get rid of it. Luxury vehicles are way over rated and not practical for the cost. I suggest you shop around before buying a luxury car. Total waste of money just for transportation.

A wolf in sheep's clothing.
By pdxRDX on 12/03/08 21:35 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

What a hoot this thing is to drive! Somehow the wizards at Acura have managed to put the soul of a sports car into an SUV. Decent fuel economy (great for an SUV), comfortable interior, great looks, amazing acceleration, plenty of goodies in the base model. Buy one NOW!

A Great Compromise
By Jim R on 10/11/08 10:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Having spent a year and 13,000 miles with my RDX, I'm very pleased with the experience. After driving European sport sedans for the past 20 years, I wanted the utility, AWD, and taller view of a compact SUV. However, I didn't want to give up the "fun to drive" nature of my previous vehicles. The RDX delivers. It's very quick. And the ride is somewhat firm -- what I expected and wanted in a vehicle that enjoys attacking mountain curves. Yet, to me the ride is by no means harsh. The interior is well designed and fairly luxurious. Acura reliability is a huge bonus -- I got to know the service techs far too well with my previous cars.

2008 Acura RDX
By aust_lr on 08/28/08 08:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The RDX is a great small SUV. It is fun to drive, handles well, and looks great. It is a little pricey for a car that competes with the Honda CR-V and the Toyota RAV 4 but it is better than them in performance and build quality.

A Satisfied Owner
By ledwinka on 07/16/08 21:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Worked as a vehicle test engineer for an European car company when I fell in love with the SH-AWD system on the RL. Got the RDX based in July of 2007. Handling is light and responsive for a car with this huge mass. Turning corners is a dream with the SH-AWD: it ate corners while driving down I-80 near Lake Tahoe, CA. Turbo lag is small compared to other turbo cars but you can hear them. Durability has been excellent. People all comment how pricey this car looks and become surprised at the price. Very comfortable seats. Love the relatively large width of the vehicle. Rear seat space is very large for people of two, even three. Lament that I did not get the nav system.

For the Most Part -- Happy Owner
By RDX'er on 05/31/08 06:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The style, speed, handling, AWD aspects are great. The fuel economy could be better but is improving as the miles drive increases. Dealer did have to replace the left front brake caliper due to a rattle noise but dealer assured me it was a new, factory replacement part not rebuilt. Would be nice if it had auto on/off headlights and if the air conditioning "auto" function would always work with the recirculating button engaged -- living in the city you have to pretty much keep the recir button on all the time.

Better than BMW X3
By Cindy on 05/29/08 14:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Before purchasing the RDX, I drove a 2005 BMW X3 for three years. I loved my X3, but the newer models are quite expensive. I'm just delighted with the RDX. It has a similar drive to the X3 and the savings over the X3 is huge. Was treated very well by the dealer and I've had for a week and absolutely adore this vehicle. It is designed very well and the interior of the car is actually nicer than the X3, in my opinion. The seating is every bit as good as the X3. I'm looking forward to my first long road trip in my new RDX. It corners like a BMW and has a sports car type feeling when you drive it. It is a nice package!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Acura RDX in WA is:

$133 per month*