2016 Volvo XC90 SUV Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Why did I buy this car?
By Terry

2016 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

Have now had 3 app upgrade. Had no choice, my nav system stopped working. Have 12,000 miles and squeaky brakes and I'm told I need new brake pads, really! It is just so hard to even figure out how to properly play the radio system. I've had my car a year and I still can't figure it out. Had 3 recalls also. When they do take my car in for repair it takes them days, days. Just last week they had it 3 days. Should never of gotten this suv. I am not happy at all. Oh it looks great and that's what I fell for. But is not worth the $66,000 I paid for it. DON'T BUY this you will be sorry..... I am

XC90 Review
By Joe F.

2016 Volvo XC90 SUV T5 Momentum 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Excellent car by all means

60K for a 4 cylinder underpowered engine
By Stay08

2016 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

I test drove the X90. I own a 2008 XC90 v8. The v8 Yamaha engine in the 2008 Volvo XC90 is a GREAT engine. Smooth, quiet and quick. This was the PERFECT engine for the heavy XC90. Volvo decided to make a one size fits all 4 CYL engine and it's really a poor choice for the XC90. It's overworked and underpowered. It's a cheap work around. Take a look under the large plastic cover hiding the little engine that couldn't...How can I pay a 60K price tag for this SUV? Volvo was once upon a time a car company that had a quality car from the inside out and today they make a car that has a sharp stylish look but cheaply built compared to the older models....Other options in same price range. the BMW X5,,,,,,Audi Q7 and Porsche Cayenne, and VW Toureg. These SUV's have decent performance...Think about test driving a one year old BMW X5 v8 with low miles....

Lemon. They had to take it back
By SanibelVolvo

2016 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

At times the car was horribly unreliable. Other times it was reliably horrible. SERVICE departments were not helpful. They couldn't figure out problems. VOLVO USA was argumentative and in denial. Got a Q7. Everything works. Better performance. FAR better electronics. SUPER reliable. I still miss the XC 90 magic blue color and the seats. (My Q7 has regular, not luxery package seats). Will NEVER buy another Volvo. NEVER.

Volvo for Life...NOT ANYMORE!
By Jason L

2016 Volvo XC90 SUV T5 Momentum 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After owning 5 Volvos before this one, we were Volvo for Life! This car looks great....with that said, that's about it. DONT BUY THIS CAR. Got ours new June and it has been in the shop almost half the time. TONS of false promises from Volvo and the dealer about fixing it. Pretty sure they are ALL lemons and we are about to start the Lemon law process with our dealer. For the record Volvo has had to buy back tons of them already! So many issues I don't know where to start. Volvo knows there are so many problems, but refuse to do anything about them. They are trying to come up with fixes on the fly. That was exactly what the dealer told me. The Turbo on the 4 cylinder is a joke and it sounds like a jet engine from inside the car and nothing can be done about it. The tablet that controls EVERYTHING, is the devil! Never works, freezes up, goes off for no reason and on and on and on. Doors locks don't work, foot activated tailgate doesn't work, I can continue! VOLVO YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF! If you are considering this car, look at the new Acura MDX, or the Audi Q7.