Used 2007 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

10 plus years of safety and comfort and still goin
By Debra Park

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Volvo 2007 XC 90 in Feb 2007 after I was broadsided by another car in my Honda CRV. I will have the car for 11 years next month and except for cloudy looking headlights, it looks and drives like a brand new car. The only negative I can report is the Buffalo NY dealership has terrible customer service in their service shop. The suv is fabulous.

Love it
By Robert Rokusek

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Has never let me down! Great vehicle!

My best car ever!! Still good and hate to give up
By Thomas Mcclure

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Almost 300,000 miles and time to look for newer version.

From one car guy to another
By Jeff V

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My original review is below and I still feel the same way. Now at 133k the car is going strong with the exception of major service. The transmission irregularities previously mentioned, while not severe, were increasing in frequency and ultimately diagnosed as a faulty speed sensor. One of four was failing causing the issues that would eventually kill the tranny. Correcting this, along with a number of other more minor leaks was a $5k service. I ultimately decided to proceed despite the cost being roughly equal to the cars value because the rest of the car was in good working order. With 3 young kids, we're tough an our cars and I was not interested in buying a new one only to have it beaten and battered by kids, crumbs and crayons. The procedure was a total success and I'm very please to have spent the money. I'm now expecting to drive this for another 2 -3 years and should reasonably expect to get close to 200k miles without issue. This car is a work horse and, if treated properly performs very well. The finishes don't withstand the test of time like other european luxury cars but it's a really just a fancy Ford after all. Great family car. If buying a high milage XC90 you should expect to put some money into it over the years but I think that's true of most. I still recommend the early model XC90's from 2007 - 2010. (Avoid 2006 - many issues).

-----------------------------
This is a really great SUV. Classic Styling, spacious and well appointed interior and just the right amount of prestige. And then you look more closely.

I just got done telling my wife that it's been a good car for us. 10 years and 122,000 miles without any real problems. I mean, the transmission has done mildly sporadic shifting a couple dozen time throughout owning the car but we're one of the lucky few who's transmission hasn't failed them (do lots of research on the transmissions around 2004-2007). We've been diligent about regular scheduled service (which is not inexpensive at all) but have not had any major surprises or mechanical issues. Still, It looks great, has a ton of conveniences and is very comfortable.

In the end, it's a small taste of luxury but upon closer look it's built with lower quality parts that scratch, break or rattle more than they should. It drives as though it's twice the size and twice the [already heavy] weight. Pot holes are jarring and it eats through tires (AWD) and brakes faster than my 5 yr. old crushes a juice box. Also expect bushings to go faster than smaller/lighter cars.

Still, 10 years later, my car's a little rough around the edges with dings, scratches and small tears in the leather even but it's 10 years old and has reliably seen me through a puppy and two children. The third row is still best in class and the cargo space incredible. I just did the 120k service which ended up costing north of $2k because I also needed brakes and tires. I expect to put an average of $1k a year into maintenance and expect to get another 60k miles without issue.

My neighborhood is crawling with high-milage xc90s and when treated well, they still look and drive wonderfully.

Would I buy this car again? Absolutely. Would I expect it to age as gracefully as a Mercedes? No.

Love at first sight
By Wesley Tarner

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car and would buy it a million times again. The seats are very comfortable and plush. The leather doesn't hold up as well as some others but its still comfortable. My Volvo lasted around 200,000k and then broke down. Had regularly maintained it, but it needed alot of work done to get it up and running again so i had top part with it. But i am looking for a newer one because i loved it soo much! I would recommend this car 9/10 (lost a point due to a few quirks such as low-tech compared to competition and also the common transmission issues).