Used 2016 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

1 month into my 2016 Platinum
By DronePro

2016 Volvo XC60 T6 Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I really love this car. I had a 2011 XC70 T6 prior which i was mad about, but i have to say after transitioning to this, i love it just as much within the first month. This is a little faster (same engine but 1 second faster off the line), less roll although this is taller. I very much like the way it drive, feels and handles. It's not perfect but it is very much nothing to complain about. I love the interior tech. The Platinum package is the way to go. You can do R-Design Platinum but the version is simple a few bells here and there, essentially it's the same car. The Navigation can be a bit more intuitive but as of 2018 model, that's all done and over with. This is simply all about the "up to 2017" models. I would simply say, if you're considering this kind of a car, there is no reason not to own one. It is a fun toy to have and it will do the job very, very well.

Best of Europe
By Drew

2016 Volvo XC60 T6 Drive-E 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

This is my second Volvo and the first one I had went over 100,000 miles with no service calls outside of general maintenance. Volvo is known for safety but I bought it for comfort and the quality of the interior. I think Volvo gives you a better product than it's German competitors.

Loving it!
By PSim

2016 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My R design with E drive is very economical, easy on gas...but accelerates like a rocket, great performance. Super comfortable interior, and a super solid Volvo design as I would expect. No flimsy feeling doors on a Volvo! I highly recommend

A Safe, Comfortable, Practical Luxury Car
By Tom Keenan

2016 Volvo XC60 T5 Drive-E 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My vehicle priorities have included safety, comfort, durability/fuel economy, and carrying capacity (cargo, dogs etc.), in about that order. This is our 4th Volvo since 1990. The other 3 were wagons (a 240 and 2 V70s). The last one we bought now is about 12 years old with over 220K miles; until this past month it has required little more than routine maintenance but now it is starting to show its age. Good price incentives in July encouraged me to buy new. I chose the XC60 over another 70 series mostly for the styling and extra ground clearance in the XC60, and because cargo capacity isn't as big a priority for us anymore. The XC60 is a very comfortable car with supportive front seats and enough leg, shoulder and head room for my above average male body size. The drive-e engine delivers surprisingly good fuel economy for a car this heavy, yet acceleration also is more than adequate for my needs. The leather seats are beautiful, although I would have preferred the cloth upholstery that has held up so well in my old V70 for 12 years. Another thing I miss is the fold-flat front passenger seat in the V70, which allowed me occasionally to carry long items such as lumber (but then, I wouldn't want to do that in a car this nice). The infotainment system keeps me entertained and informed with more choices than I really need. It's a little more complicated than I would have preferred and I'm afraid it will seem dated within a few years. The "premier" version is nicely equipped as-is, without adding expensive options. If you're comparing alternatives, Subaru is another (less expensive) make I'd consider, especially if you want AWD. Volvo prices seem to run lower than you'd pay for most Lexus, Audi, BMW or Mercedes models (unless you get into the bigger, more expensive 90 series, which would've been more than we need).

A Premium Crossover that won't break the bank
By Blaupunkt

2016 Volvo XC60 T5 Drive-E Premier 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

THE GOOD: Competitive pricing, ample cargo space, reliability no issues, nice design, fast shifting 8-Speed Aisin automatic transmission, fit and finish, real leather seats, adaptive display easy to read speed and tachometer, relative quietness, panoramic sunroof, low maintenance cost, regular (87 Octane) fuel, satisfactory handling, little to no turbo lag, quick throttle response in sport mode. THE BAD: Fuel economy not on par with EPA (c/h/m 22/29/24 vs reality 20/24.5/21.3), no ventilated seats available, no sync button for dual zone climate control, short-life wipers, cumbersome and un-intuitive infotainment system, intrusive start/stop system, torque steer and frequent tire spinning with FWD (AWD offers much better handling especially at full throttle from standstill), two stage door opening when locked, some door panel and city safety device rattle. THE UGLY: Raspy and unrefined 4 cylinder engine (especially at higher RPMs where the engine sounds like a turbo-diesel), engine clatter at idle, ordinary ride quality not on par with a premium crossover, clunky transmission, odd lurches from a standstill and sometimes at parking lot speeds. THE VEREDICT: A good value proposition, well planned with the need of some fine tunning in a competitive market segment. Albeit, if you are looking for more refined vehicle manners in terms of engine note (6 cyl Acura RDX) and ride quality (Lexus NX, Mercedes GLC) or engaging driving experience (Porsche Macan, BMW X3, Jaguar F-Pace, Audi Q5) you will probably have to disburse thousands of dollars extra.