2018 Volvo S90 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Volvo S90 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S90 model:

The UnCola of luxury cars
By Rabbi Mitch

2018 Volvo S90 Sedan T6 Momentum 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

I have had my S90 for one month and couldn’t be happier with every moment of my experience. After testing other marquis brands, the S90 was suggested and my search was over.
It glides under the radar, yet is sleek, luxurious, quiet, powerful and beyond comfortable. It is a drivers car in that I need to participate and I like that.
Give it a shot and move over to the UnCola side of life. You will be happy you did!!

8 pluses, 2 minuses
By Catbert

2018 Volvo S90 Sedan T5 Momentum 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The S90 is a beautiful car. The proportions are perfect, and the styling is classic. The interior is the best place to be of any of the 50 plus cars I’ve owned. The aesthetics are perfect. The performance of my T5 AWD is what I expected, not a killer, for sure. I knew that going in, and if performance with a capital P was totally important, I would have sprung for the T6. My driving is mostly highway, and 250ish HP is a OK. And now the minuses. The corporate 4 cyl. is....well, a 4 banger. It isn’t particularly smooth, and doesn’t sound that great either. It’s obviously a modern motor, but suffers from a cylinder deficiency in a large car application. Sorry Volvo, but one size really doesn’t fit all. It isn’t a horsepower issue, it’s about refinement and smoothness. Lastly, the ride...it’s not that great. Even on a smooth interstate highway, you can feel too way much road. I understand it isn’t a Rolls or Big Jag, but it isn’t an E class either. Volvo would do well to farm out the chassis tuning if they can’t do better. Bottom line the S90 is one or two cylinders and a more compliant chassis away from a World class near luxury sedan.

Climate Control
By Charlie Huang

2018 Volvo S90 Sedan T6 Inscription 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

this is the worse climate control I have ever seen in all the cars I owned for past 20 years. the temp will go up to the level that you feel no air inside and want to open the window. in a minute or two the cold air return to keep the temp down. I have not seen such temp up and down in the luxury cars line at all.

The NEW S90 Sedan
By Colt Cannon

2018 Volvo S90 Sedan T5 Momentum 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great family car with all the bells and whistles; however, I’m a single 33 year old. Once the newness fades, it’s still a full sized sendan in an SUV world.

Terrible GPS
By Hector espinosa

2018 Volvo S90 Sedan T6 Inscription 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

For such a luxury car to have to worst GPS I've ever sat in let's see I used my cellular's Google GPS to get me there the dealership was of no help they said that is what's out there from Volvo.