Used 2006 Volvo S80 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Best Car I've Ever Had
By NDBURD

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my 2006 S80 in 2013 for $6,400. At the time, it had 134,000 miles. I just passed 190,000 miles and had my first mechanical issue since owning the car. And it was a minor repair on an engine coil. Other than that, it's just been basic maintenance. Far and away the most reliable car I've owned. Great acceleration and near flawless Volvo safety features. And still looks sharp. People often comment on the car, not realizing that it's 11 years old and barely cost me anything. I'm hopeful to find another S80 for my next vehicle.

GREATEST CAR I'VE OWNED TO DATE!
By Kyron J Cook

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We all know Volvo is the most safest car on the road I more so love the look and the quite and smooth ride. Love the factory features and also the parking assistance. Would recommend to anyone. Never had any major maintenance problems either. Thanks for reading!

06 S80 2.5L Turbo
By caniacfan

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this car when it had 60000 miles on it and now has 124000 miles. Very happy with car. My wife loves it. She drives it more than I. Had to have AC condenser replaced at 119000 miles. Headlight connectors go bad and have had to replace headlights more frequently than expected. Other than those issues it has been normal maintenance. Get 24 MPG on average and 28 on hwy.

Comfortable with plenty of pep for us. Exterior design still looks better than 2013 model.

Radio could use a redesign.

Great family car w/ some flaws
By mally

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Car is excllent on the highway and is very comfortable for the front two occupants. Rear can get tight w/ car seat. minimal rode noise. Cup holder design horrible. located near some very sensitive electrical mechanisms. Car stuck in park intermittently regardless of multiple trips to the dealer. seems to be a recurrent problem volvo won't fix. have had three volvo's and this might be my last due to this recurrent problem

Safety still solid as a tank, excllent high way ride, great traction in the snow great engine reliability (2.5T)

rear seats, cupholder setup, stuck in park issues especially during colder months.

EXCELLENT ROAD TRIP CAR
By VICK47

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned two S80 sedans a 2002 and a 2006. They both had the metallic black paint and the premium sound cd player. I use this car for highway travel mostly.When I get in it to take the road its like being in another world,it is truly fun to drive and the seating is so very comfortable and relaxing. Every passenger says the same thing. I get it washed and detailed often and use only premium fuel.I really like the facts that lots of people usually can't tell what year or make it is without asking.This car seems to be built for the mature driver who is beyond the "race car" years and makes a statement that "I'm concerned about safety and comfort."

Interior space for adult driver and passengers. Body styling. Especially the seats

Get rid of the pop-up console cup holder. Improve quality of carpeting- it seems to be difficult to clean and shows wear quicker than it should.