Used 1992 Volvo 240 Consumer Reviews

$761 - $1,859

Used 240 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

The Swedish Washer/Dryer

Mary, 05/15/2006
GL 4dr Sedan

As mentioned earlier, find a good local mechanic to fix this car and stay away from the dealer or prepare to be taken to the cleaners! You may run into oil leak troubles with this model. Mine's been leaking slowly for five years and five different mechanics have been unable to fix it except for very short stretches. I paid $4K for this car when it had 70K original miles. Not a bad deal but I've put at least $5K into it over six years so it's affectionately known as the $9,000 washer/dryer. This car isn't cheap to fix but overall it's been reliable (no major repairs and it's going on 209K miles)! The single most expensive repair bill was $1,300 for various items around 150K miles.

Most Reliable Car

Volvo Convert, 05/22/2009
4dr Wagon

My wife and I inherited this car from her parents two years ago. Her family drove it for almost 10 years before giving it to us and this thing will not die. I had never driven a Volvo before this one and her family mostly owned them for safety reasons but the odometer has stopped at 202,000 miles and the car just keeps trucking along. I have really fallen in love with this car and will be sad to see it go (which very well maybe never). After somewhere around 240,000 miles with little to no maintenance I am officially sold on Volvo. If you are thinking about buying this car I wholeheartedly recommend it. It has truly amazed me.

240 love

WOW!!! 240, 02/13/2010
4dr Wagon

wow! I am on my second 240. mine is a 1989, and is has over 330,000 miles on it so far with no problems. The only thing I had to change in 20 years was the altenator, and the starter and these were changed in september of 2009. however, the car has developed an oil leak which is from the oil pan casket,with the exception of the aforementioned,repairs everything is factory original,excluding belts,hoses, brake pads,ignition wires and spark plugs- even the brake calipers are original. I drive this car every day to and from work and each day I fall more in love with this vehicle.WOW!!!

Built to last

Napo, 06/25/2009
4dr Wagon

This car is still holding up after all these years. The exterior has no rust, even after spending 3 years on the coast in Maine. A phenomenal car ~ I wish they still made them like this. We call her "The Tank". She's never been known for her creature comforts, but my boys have learned to drive in her, and I've always known they'd be safe.

1992 Volvo 240

Ashley, 06/04/2007
GL 4dr Sedan

My boyfriend had one in his garage for about a year before I bought mine. Even though he didn't drive it, he refused to sell it to me because he was too attached. Now I have my own. It's a wonderful car. I love the boxy (but not too boxy like 740s) look. Runs great, comfortable. Always reliable.