Used 2005 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

An SUV That Can Take You Anywhere

docj, 04/24/2010

We bought this SUV so my wife, a nurse, could get to work regardless of the weather. It has consistently demonstrated it can do that in some absolutely horrible conditions. We have a set of winter wheels with Pirelli Scorpion studless ice and snow tires for it and it can go just about anywhere. In good weather it is a fun SUV to drive; in sport mode it can beat most vehicles off the line. You'd never know you had 5,000 pounds under you. Reading other reviews I have no idea why people have been complaining of tire or brake life. Make sure the wheels are aligned and select tires carefully. Initial reliability was poor but has improved a lot;not cheap to fix--$1,100 for timing belt!

It's a Keeper

SanDeigoTouareg, 02/10/2008

It's been almost 3 years with my Touareg... it's a keeper. Granted, you cannot be a person on a tight budget for an SUV like this, but it's worth every penny in price, maintenance, and fuel. I truly feel like I can go wherever my heart desires with the Touareg. Yeah, brakes and tires require changing more frequently than expected, but it's a worthwhile trade-off for the performance and amenities on this SUV. Highly recommended. The key is to make sure you can afford to maintain it. If you cannot afford to maintain it, don't buy it. If you can, you will love it.

2005 Touareg V8 Review

gabbott, 06/10/2008

I absolutely love this car and can't wait for the V6 diesel to reach the states. I have driven the Touareg V6 diesel (overseas) and all I can say is wow. 30+ mpg and lots of torque. I compare my Touareg to my brothers 2 X5's (both diesel, 2006 & 2008). The interior layout of the Touareg is far beyond the BMW. Even my brother agrees. The newer larger X5 is a disappointment compared to the older body style. The Touaregs styling is better than both X5's. The Touareg coming in as a overweight still handles very well. The suspension does a very good job of keeping the car at it's optimum performance level. The sound of the V8 is quit p;easing. I have gotten 20 MPG on the hwy at 72 MPH.

2005

budsm3, 05/14/2010

Same comments as most of the others: Great highway ride, strong V8 performance, Best turning radius of any car I have ever owned. Handles very well. Nicely appointed interior, comfortable seats. Downside: the brakes for wear and this car is very difficult to be smooth when driving, at very low speeds the brakes grab and the throttle response is jerky. Poor Gas mileage Overall the car has exceed my expectations and most of the bugs from the 2004 models we worked out.

Buy Something Else

marlok, 01/20/2007

This is by far the best looking SUV on the road and it stops there. VW went wrong or someone did not follow how an SUV is supposed to last. The brakes are a big problem. You will replace them every 5,000 miles and it will cost you $600 or more to have them repaired. An oil change can cost you upwards of a $150 due to the design of getting to the oil pan. Everything goes wrong with this SUV. Stay away from the Touareg.

12345...40