Used 2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg 2 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

Great suv to have

Fred, 02/29/2008
VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove Touareg 2, Volvo XC90, and other SUVs, Touareg is really fun to drive. I wanted to buy the V8 model in the beginning, however after I tried VR6, I found its performance is amazing even on the high way. It's also very easy to control, even at the sharp corner. It consumes gas a lot, but remember, this is a 5000+ lbs solid suv, not a 1500 lbs hybrid japanese car. It's a must to test drive suv.

Best Powerfull SUV

Luis Hernandez, 05/16/2018
V10 TDI 4dr SUV AWD (4.9L 10cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

An amazing SUV, V10 super powerfull excellent handling, I love my Greg.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Great SUV, most of the time!

Jonathan, 07/13/2009
VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very fun to drive. This vehicle is rock solid! Love the safety features and excellent ride. Don't waste money on the V8, the V6 runs fantastic. Interior gadgets make trips even more enjoyable. Some bad: VW should put on much better tires than the Pirelli Scorpion. Road noise is completely unacceptable when the vehicle approaches the 20K mark. Watch for transmission problems. The first time it was a electrical sensor that prevented the car from upshifting from 1st. It took the dealer a week to figure that one out. The next was a rubber bushing on the drive shaft failed causing the car to vibrate extensively upon acceleration.

4.5 out of 5 stars

My best SUV yet!

Alex, 12/13/2007
VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned several SUVs, Honda CR-V, Jeep Liberty, Nissan Murano and the Touareg is the best SUV I have owned so far. The 3.6L engine works fine even if we wish it had just a little more power and the 6 speed automatic is a charm. The back is roomier than the Jeep Grand Cherooke. When I purchased this vehicle, I was also considering the Honda Pilot, Jeep GC, Porsche Cayenne, BMW X3. I finally opted for the touareg because it's fun to drive, the 4WD is phenomenal in snow and the back window is straight so you don't loose 50% of the trunk space with the back window that is at a 45 degreee angle.

3.5 out of 5 stars

VW review

VW Driver, 11/20/2009
VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Saddened to write this: Potential buyers beware, dont let the streamlined good looks of this car fool you; its not as fun to own as one would think. For starters, insufficient interior storage- be it for your cell, sunglasses or misc supplies (definitely not a mom friendly car). The owners manual is HUGE, poorly written and time consuming to find what you are looking for and you will be looking. And it lacks basic answers. "Warning" lights are a constant. Needed new brake pads at 12k miles- $600 bucks! An oil change is $100+ and gas, OMG! Also, this car is not intuitive- things are not where they should be and I find driving it annoying on most days. I SO wanted to love this car...but DON'T!

12345...8