Used 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

Taiguan nightmare
By Dennis Russell

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have only 16,000 on my VW Taiguan and it has stopped dead twice. Computer went dead, can't get it out of park to tow, dealership won't help, tow trucks won't tow a 4-motion because of potential damage. No way to mechanically put the car into neutral for a tow and dealership says that's my problem not theirs. The car is electronically unreliable. Brand new battery, jumper cables don't help, dash indicators don't come on, stuck in park, stuck in emergency brake on. Car won't move with or without power and I am told by VW Dealership it is not their problem. Don't buy a VW Taiguan or you will be stuck somewhere without a car. They are not reliable. Headlights come on bright and battery is only 4 weeks old and full of power. Don't buy an unreliable, bad service, VW Taiguan.

Love bug!
By Ruth Ann

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have loved this car!! Electronics are intuitive, great on mountain roads( I live in the Sierra mtns) very comfortable, good visibility over all really fun car to drive. My only complaint is lousy gas mileage.

2016 Tiguan SE
By Howard

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, my wife totaled her previous Tiguan. Bought another because it was such a great car.

German Quality and Ride
By Bob

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2016 Tiguan is Volkswagen's compact SUV. It exhibits typical German driving and handling characteristics. The interior and switch gear is of high quality and instruments well laid out. It provides a very stable, confident, yet comfortable ride. If you enjoy the typical "German" driving experience the VW Tiguan provides it at a very reasonable price.

The Tiguan that still should be!
By rochelle53

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I hadn't had my tiguan much more than a month, and my daughter and I were on our way home from our state fair, just doing the speed limit, as always. When all in a sudden I had no steering, we were on the freeway on the inside lane, first we went down into the grassy mid section, I thought I was going to roll it! But I fought with the steering until I we were up onto the road, how I did it I don't know, but I got the vehicle turned and I slammed my brakes on! However, we still hit the guard rail. No air bags deployed, not one I'm still a polled, I thought my Tiguan was a safe vehicle, my daughter received concussion, and I whip lash, still to this day have trouble with my neck. I never got compensated for my loss of my tiguan. My insurance kept saying it was a caused by a default, so Volts Wagon was responsible, but my vehicle was towed to a yard who said the fee would be$1,000 to get it out fot testing, I couldn't come up with that much so it was sold! I'll never buy Volts Wagon again!