Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews

Used Tiguan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

A superb CUV for Canadian drivers

DKE783, 02/12/2010
SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I looked at 24 different CUV's before choosing the 2010 Tiguan. With superb build quality that sets it above the RAV4 and Nissan Murano, the Tiguan is a near-luxury crossover that I definitely recommend. You will pay more for the features of the VW, but you'll get a substantial vehicle with features that are normally reserved for luxury SUV's in the $50k range. The Tiguan is an excellent vehicle for commuting Canadians who like to drive.

5 out of 5 stars

Best of both worlds!

Amber, 04/19/2010
Wolfsburg Edition 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was in a unique situation when I was car shopping. Living in PA, I had to have AWD or 4WD, and I LOVE German engineering. After living in the south, I wanted fun, too. I traded an 07 Mercedes and an 06 Wrangler for the Tiguan. I looked at Volvo, Nissan, and Toyota, and this was the ONLY one that had the class and luxury that I was used to, while having one of the most competent AWD systems available. I am absolutely thrilled with my Tiguan. It is absolutely one of the most solid vehicles manufactured, and I smile every day I get to drive it.

Don't buy a Tiguan

Bruce , 07/14/2020
SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a used Tiguan for my son with low miles on it and have not stopped pumping money into it since. It constantly needs repairs and they are all very expensive. Never buying a Volkswagen again.

I would never buy another Volkswagen Tiguan again

Wanda alejandro, 10/02/2020
SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I financed a Volkswagen Tiguan 19 months ago and at 71,000 miles the motor went they rebuilt the motor and now I'm having the same problem again as 64000 miles my motor went I still owe 8000 on this car and I don't have a car to drive cuz nobody wants to help me it causes me 5000 to put a motor in and I still owe 8000 on it Finance the car cost me 13000 and now I have to put a $5,000 motor on it for a 2010 the car would have cost me $18,000 if I put this motor in that is a very expensive car for a 2010 if anybody can help me please let me know thank you

2 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars

4.25 out of 5 stars

Great car unless you use reverse

sanfrandan, 08/24/2010
SE 4dr SUV w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I really like this car with one HUGE exception-every time I back up my brakes screech. It is not a small squeak but a loud, embarrassing screech. When running errands I have to purposely look for parking spots where I will not have to reverse. Really inconvenient. The dealer says it is normal which I find unacceptable. I see on other forums other VW users are experiencing the same issue. This will be my last VW and I cannot wait to unload this one when I can.

12345...13