2018 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Great value and fun to drive
By B. Ford

2018 Volkswagen Passat R-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After my first 1000 miles I am convinced this was by far the best car for the money. The R-Line styling stands out and looks so much better than the competition. Pricing was incredible between incentives, a little haggling and even considering a few dealer add ons my drive out number including tax and tag was 85% of MSRP. Base tech features are great and safety-tech features are standard. The warranty 6yrs/72K can't be touched in the class. Yes, the styling is a little dated but honestly the car stands out in comparison to the competition which all look the same. Driving experience is good. Quick off the line with a little lag when accelerating around 60 but brakes are very strong. Steers flat with little lean - this may be to the credit of the standard 19" wheels.

First VW - Not the last
By Bob

2018 Volkswagen Passat S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Roomy interior, huge trunk, MPG better than estimated. Smooth/quiet ride.

Great car, but not perfect
By Richard

2018 Volkswagen Passat R-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Really good looking car, comfortable, great safety features, good gas mileage, cool amenities and accessories. To echo some of the other reviews, there is hesitation in the lower gears and brakes slide some near the end of a stop. I prefer the look of the R-Line over the SE and SEL. With the options on the R-Line, I think it is the best bang for your buck out of the Passat models.

My first VW cont...
By Amy in Austin

2018 Volkswagen Passat R-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Hey guys, I'm back after driving my Passat for a week now. I left a review when I had the car for 2 days. I still LOVE my car. Everyday I find something new. Like yesterday I discovered the back seats fold down. I can fit my kids 6ft kayak right in the trunk and slide it to the front seat! lol. But I wanted to mention the safety features. None of my other cars have been this technologically safe. So I knew it had sensors on the sides, because the side mirror will light up when there's a car next to me in the blind spot. But what I found out a couple days ago is, if cars are stopped in front of me and I haven't hit the break yet, my car sensors in front will make my car beep loud to alert me to break. Super cool. This car is my favorite car so far. It's so nice inside. The speakers are awesome too. My music sounds so good! Also, I wanted to mention that I went back online to Edmunds, and Cargurs to look for other cars with the same mileage I bought my Passat for and in the same price range, just to make sure I got a good deal. So with 10,000 miles or less and for $18,500 and my car's year or newer, the only cars I could afford were small sedans like Nissan Sentras, Camery Corollas. Those cars a WAY too small for me. I just traded in my Impala for the Passat. So I was downsizing, but the Passt seems to have the same room inside. I was definitely not going to get a tiny car. So basically the VW Passat's value was the best. The Passat was the only midsize sedan in my price range. And it has leather, and 19'' low profile tires, and super sporty.

Passat 2018
By Paulstheman81@yahoo.com

2018 Volkswagen Passat SE w/Technology 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Transmission has a hesitation when driving slow and shifting from 1st to 2nd.