Used 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Bluetooth capabilities
By Lindsay Marks

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2015 Jetta on September 7th, 2018, from a dealership in Glen Burnie, MD. I have already put $191.47 into this vehicle for an alignment. I will also have to put $757.09 toward fixing the broken Bluetooth module! I am beyond irate. I love this vehicle, but I upgraded to a new vehicle to AVOID putting loads of money into something! Especially something I JUST purchased! As a single mom, I dont have the luxury of dropping damn near $1000 toward a vehicle that I already pay on monthly.

2015 Jetta 2.0S
By Daniel Miller

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 30,000 miles on it and in less then a year I have put a very much appreciated 42,000 miles on it. It's sporty and fun to drive. It handles well in turns at speeds up to 70 and brakes really good. I get 27-30 miles to the gallon on gas with a speedometer of 160 and I have gotten it up to 120, although it gets a little light on the handling at that speed, it will do it. It's great for quick handling in traffic and easy to park, but has a few blind spots making it hard to see when backing out of a car spot or changing lanes, namely, the head rest. It does have quit a bit of road noise but over all, it's a great commuter vehicle. This is my first sports car, I've always been a truck guy but I really like this Jetta. Good investment I think.

More than basic transportation
By Warren

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We needed a low cost vehicle to replace my used 2007 Toyota Camry that had been totaled in an accident. I had established a budget of $16,000. I bought the Volkswagen based on its established reliability, and it has not disappointed me. I opted for the 5 speed manual to keep within budget. I received a small solid, reliable vehicle, that's actually classy looking. My only option on the base model were the 16 inch alloy wheels. The vehicle has been absolutely trouble free and cost effective.

Poor A/C System
By Champagne

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2015 Jetta SE, new, in October of 2015. As soon as the weather was warm enough for me to need my A/C, I noticed that every time I would travel long distance on the interstate, my A/C would stop blowing cold air. At one point, I pulled over and had someone look under the hood only to see the A/C components were frozen. Once I would let them thaw out, it would blow cold again for a few minutes, until it would freeze up again. I brought it in to the Lafayette LA dealership three times for the same issue only for them to tell me that they....CHECKED AND FOUND COMPRESSOR PRESSURE
FLUCTUATING ON LOW SIDE AND COMPRESSOR PUMPED DOWN TO 20 LOW SIDE COMPRESSOR IS ACTUALLY COOLING TO WELL CAUSING FREEZE UP . REPLACED THE AC COMPRESSOR AFTER CONSULTING TECH 20. RECHARGED AND RECHECKED ALL IS OK NOW. It still continues to do the same thing, and now they are telling me that I am not running my A/C correctly and that it "states in the manual" how to properly use the A/C. I can also feel air coming out of the area where my radio and temperature controls are located. I've never needed a manual to know how to use my A/C, Ive always just used it and I have never had this problem in any other vehicle that I have owned. I also have had to add anti freeze to my car twice since I have purchased my Jetta, a year and a half ago. I was told that they checked it and there was no leak, but that it was normal for that to happen sometimes.....!!! Now I am having issues with my seat belt alert going off while I am wearing my seat belt, and since my last scheduled maintenance, my car sometimes acts like it doesn't want to start, and my sunroof doesn't always close the first time that I try to close it. VW has yet to find anything wrong with any issues that I have had with my car, and their service manager was not at all pleasant to deal with.

A near miss
By LG

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall I love this car. The new 1.8t is very quick and provides outstanding fuel economy. The ride and handling are considerably better than the Kia I traded it in for it. Where it comes up short are the cheap looking and horribly uncomfortable car seats that come standard on the 15 SE. I found a gel pad that pretty much takes care of the problem. I guess it was cost saving reasons that caused VW to go away from the nicer leatherette seats that previously came on the car but it's a real turn off.