Skip to main content

5 out of 5 stars

Drivers FOUND

jferguso, 07/29/2002
Trek Limited Edition 4dr Sedan

Since purchasing this car, I have had ZERO problems. I love VWs, my husband also has a VW in GREAT condition (1993 Corrado). Driving a VW is like a certain genre of music, some like it, some do not. If you do not, do your poor car a FAVOR, and SELL your VW to a GOOD home who will give your car the love and care it deserves! VW has consistently been on the forefront of technology, and practice their philosophy of continuous improvement. PS: I have also owned several new GM and Honda products. GM=Poor Quality, even with proper maintenance; also love HONDA--funnily enough, on my 1999 Honda Civic, the only part to break was a $100 a/c piece made by, GM.

3.25 out of 5 stars

Awful Car

TreySplane, 01/31/2009
Trek Limited Edition 4dr Sedan

This car has been in the shop 10 times and died on the road 4 times. I have only owned this car for 7 months and I cannot wait till I get rid of this car and get something new and reliable. I will never buy another VW again because of my horrible luck with this one.

5 out of 5 stars

U cant top a volkswagen

KBVW14, 07/07/2002
Trek Limited Edition 4dr Sedan

my jetta trek 96...is a black beauty....spoiler...sunroof...tinted out...blasting stereo system im in love...volkswagens are great cars i recommend them to anyone my next one will probably be the gti i'll be out, they are real quick xoxo

4.63 out of 5 stars

Best car ever owned or known anyone to

Chris, 05/22/2009
Trek Limited Edition 4dr Sedan

Bought my 96 Jetta TREK new in May of 96 - 13 years later, still driving it. It is a GREAT car. Has never let my wife or me down - very reliable. As far as performance, it isn't a race car..but is quite peppy. The torque is amazing and the power curve suited well to the car. It isn't hard to go quick in this car with its wonderful handling. Car now has 211000 miles and no odd noises, vibrations, nothing. I have changed the oil every 3500 and wit each change run a can of SeaFoam thru the fuel also. Only repairs - replaced timing belt (for preventative), clutch, O2sensor. Not bad for 13 yrs and over 200k miles. This car is my best bud!

4.88 out of 5 stars

Ultra Reliable Jetta!

KC Dave, 01/26/2003
Trek Limited Edition 4dr Sedan

I bought my 96 Trek with 127,000 miles. 3 months later it now has 138,000 miles! Has been a wonderful car & experience! Only problems are oil leaks & like everyone else has said,, driver side door lock switch is bad. I get great gas mileage & it's a blast to drive. 138,000 miles & oil leak & I still add NO oil between changes!