Used 2004 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...18

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

Fantastic car despite some problems

bradleyland, 01/30/2004
VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Since the day I drove my off the lot, I have enjoyed every moment behind the wheel. The ride is stiff enough to provide a sporty feel, but doesn't punish you over less than perfect roads. I chose the VR6 because of it's smooth, quite operation. The addition of two cylinders goes a long way toward smoothness. This is especially noticeable when you start the car in the morning. My only complaint would be the fact that I've had a few problems even though I normally have very good "car luck", as I call it. I still enjoy the car so much that I don’t mind the fact that it’s spent a total of maybe 5 days at the dealer since I purchased it. I’d still recommend this car highly!

4.88 out of 5 stars

Pocket Rocket

Ratbert, 02/07/2004
VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

3rd VW along with a current BMW. Solid construction, great amenities. Leather, stereo system excellent. While I use it around town, would not have a problem with a lengthy trip.

5 out of 5 stars

Fun Car!!

Jon Vowel, 02/20/2004
VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I wouldn't change anything about this car!! I have never had this much fun driving before. The interior build quality is excellent. Although its not as pretty as the Mini, I still like the styling.

5 out of 5 stars

unbelievable cool car

Erwin, 03/24/2004
VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

You have heard it all by now, and it's true. The car is way cool. This car is calling my name all day from the parking lot! VR6 is the way to go. Smoother engine (I also tested the 1.8T), and more torque at lower RPM's. The sound of the VR6 around 4000 RPM is killer! Sounds like a Porsche. Handles like a racecar. Doing 100 mph on I-95, not even realizing it. Every gear has same torque so accelarating is easy and a blast. Get it, you won't regret it!!

4.25 out of 5 stars

Great Value

pdxtomct, 03/31/2004
VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car after owning two GTIs with the 1.8t engine. The VR6 gives the car a completely different feel...much more stable, but decidely heavier through turns. The GTI is a fantastic road car, fun to drive and very solid. It's part sports car and part work horse.

12345...18