Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews - 150 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Nightmare since day one
By Carol

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought 2009cc in 2009. My very first brand new car, fresh off the showroom floor. One week later I was in the repair shop as the bottom of the car sounded as if it was about to fall out. Two weeks later in for repair again as it was making noises with radio issues. 1 mth later repair shop again and again and again every few moths. More than 50 times in repair shop since owning. Only have 36000 miles on my he car almost 10 yrs later as the car never actually works properly and there’s one excuse after another along with bullying from the dealer. The car in the middle of traffic goes from 55mph to 10 mph and won’t go any faster. I’m terrified that the car will have me in a terrible accident or killed if I keep driving it, so I don’t. Still fighting with VW for compensation or will file lawsuit. I pray no one else is going through this and all I get from customer care are apologies.

set up to break down intentional
By alex

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

this car is problematic. engineered to fail intentionally. this car sucks. one problem after another. airbag,fuel pump,windshield super thin. bearings, sensors,parking brake failure? list goes on and on. fake stitching on seats and panels actually glued at the seam instead of sewn together like vw's of the past. I was a faithful vw guy until i bought a new one. build quality is comparable to a Ford Taurus. [non-permissible content removed]

If only the new CC came with a VR6
By Joel Andre

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It is a solid ride, wickedly fast in sports mode and it is very comfortable front and back seats. Wonderful touring car, with the great VW bucket seats. Still a fan.

After a year of owning it I wouldn't change it
By Marcony

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First, I purchased this vehicle from an auction with 115k miles, It had a bad engine and clutch. So obviously got it for a really low price. I am a mechanic, so I saved myself the labor cost of the repairs, I put a 2017 engine with 1k miles on it and a new clutch for a total of 3000$ (parts). After driving on my first year for 30k miles I have had to replace 1 coil for 20$ (part price from dealership). Apart from that coil replacement I have had only to do regular tire rotations (the vw cc has some sort of issue where it "cups" the tires if you do not rotate the tires every 5k miles, and do a wheel alignment every 15k mile, no matter what brand they are) I have done regular oil changes for $70 each time. And that's pretty much it. If this will be your first car just make sure the miles on it are not too high, this car died at 115k miles originally, and the repairs will be really expensive if you have to take it to a shop to have it fixed. For me its been a great car so far, I have been lucky enough that on my first 30k miles on the newly overhauled car I have had to do only 1 repair. The looks of the car has also gotten me many compliments and looks. I love my CC so far.

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned...Hands Down!
By Jud Dyer

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 7 years and 100,000 Miles of daily driving...this car has never once been in for any repairs other than regular maintenance and routine replacements. Never have I been more in love with a car in my life.