Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

If only the new CC came with a VR6
By Joel Andre

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It is a solid ride, wickedly fast in sports mode and it is very comfortable front and back seats.

After a year of owning it I wouldn't change it
By Marcony

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First, I purchased this vehicle from an auction with 115k miles, It had a bad engine and clutch. So obviously got it for a really low price. I am a mechanic, so I saved myself the labor cost of the repairs, I put a 2017 engine with 1k miles on it and a new clutch for a total of 3000$ (parts). After driving on my first year for 30k miles I have had to replace 1 coil for 20$ (part price from dealership). Apart from that coil replacement I have had only to do regular tire rotations (the vw cc has some sort of issue where it "cups" the tires if you do not rotate the tires every 5k miles, and do a wheel alignment every 15k mile, no matter what brand they are) I have done regular oil changes for $70 each time. And that's pretty much it. If this will be your first car just make sure the miles on it are not too high, this car died at 115k miles originally, and the repairs will be really expensive if you have to take it to a shop to have it fixed. For me its been a great car so far, I have been lucky enough that on my first 30k miles on the newly overhauled car I have had to do only 1 repair. The looks of the car has also gotten me many compliments and looks. I love my CC so far.

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned...Hands Down!
By Jud Dyer

2009 Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 7 years and 100,000 Miles of daily driving...this car has never once been in for any repairs other than regular maintenance and routine replacements. Never have I been more in love with a car in my life.

Stay far far away from these cars!!!!
By Ryheem T.

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife purchased a 2009 VW CC last year......July 2015. The first day of owning the car the fuel pump went , luckily we purchased the car in CT where the dealers have to give you a 90 day warranty. Car was in the shop for 2 weeks total bill cam e to well over $1000.....luckily we didn't have to pay for it. Car drove good for a few months then the brake booster went(Feb 2016)...........$700 fix. My wife was recently at work and the car wouldn't start.........replaced the coil packs($500 job) , car was out of the shop no more then a few weeks...........check engine light pops up......dreaded P2015 code(intake manifold issue). Luckily VW has a warranty for this........covered for 10 yrs/120k.......fixed free of charge. Got the car back yesterday 07/16/16 , this morning car wont start. I'm telling you guys.......stay far far away from these cars........nothing but headaches!

Pretty good (mostly) at 182,000 miles
By Dave

2009 Volkswagen CC Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Direct Injection will require cleaning the intake valves at around 100,000 due to no fuel to clean the buildup on these valves. Wear on the rear tires has been a problem on these cars. One the original tires was worn on the inside edge (into the cord) at 37,000. The other three all had even wear and 50% of the tread left. The alignment was checked several times and found to be correct. Dealer said this is because of the performance alignment(I don't buy it as only one tire (right rear) wore out. There is lots of talk on the internet about damage to rear suspension during tie down on the delivery trucks. Rotation helps mask the problem, but 75% of the tread wear on the car takes place on the right rear. 12 year rust through warranty. Great mileage (you can get 35 highway easily and 40 if you go 55).