Used 2012 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Yaris for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My 1st Toyota

rjyaris, 10/13/2012

After 12 years i have left ford and selected a Toyota Yaris. I test drove the fiesta and loved it but after researching and hearing possible problems with their new transmissions and the price of the car i decided to look at the kia soul which i really liked, but then i researched them and found it was a nightmare with customer neglect and warranty drama. So i researched the Yaris and found mostly positive information. I read and watched every review on youtube so i decided to test drive it and fell in love. Yes it's not a ford mustang but the engine in that car speeds like you cant imagine on the freeway. The ride is super soft and coming from ford thats a gift from god. so i bought it!

So far I like it alot!

toyotafan6, 02/12/2012

I've only had my new 2012 Yaris 3 DR LE a couple of weeks but so far I am impressed. Has good visibility: sits a little higher than my 2001 Corolla LE - gas mileage pretty good, according to the display I'm averaging 33 mpg, all city driving...Driver's seat very comfortable. I love the design of the dashboard/controls, all easy to reach and good-sized control knobs. The two-tone dash (black and soft grey) looks expensive and instead of being perfectly smooth it has a little bit of texture to it. Mine is the Wave Line Pearl color, a light blue. Tire are pretty good quality, Goodyear Assurance. I haven't sat in the rear yet but it looks to be fairly roomy. Handling is good.

Yaris Repurchased

Debra, 03/07/2016
L 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love the Yaris L hatchback. Stylish exterior look with comfortable bucket seats. Traded in my 2007 base model for this 2012 L for the multiple air bags, reliability and it's great for my budget. This is my third Toyota. They haven't failed me yet.

I love my 2012 Yaris LE 2 door

binki1, 07/10/2012

I didn't like my 2010 Honda Fit 4 door because I felt crunched in the drivers side and looked at the 2012 Yaris and knew it was for me. I had a previous 2008 Toyota Yaris ( basic) traded it in for a 2010 Honda and now realized that I should have kept my old Honda fit, but realized that I have a great 2012 Toyota Yaris, which I will keep for many years.

A Small Car With A Big Heart!!

Jeremy, 06/21/2018
LE 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this little car! It has absolutely been the most affordable car to own long term with the lowest cost of ownership I've experienced. I've owned a VW Golf Vr6, Toyota Single Cab 4x4, Ranger Rover 4.5 HSE, Acura TL and a Mercedes Wagon. Of all the cars this has been the most reliable car I've owned. Purchased almost new with 20k miles. It now has 140k. Other than change the oil regularly, transmission fluid change at 100k and a ball joint on the right side (probably due to my gravel drive way) i've not had to put a penny more into it. Fuel economy is a steady 30-34mpg. The interior is cheap, but not complaints for the cost of ownership. You can't have it all. If you're looking for a small super reliable car that is peppy with a nice Euro design this is your car.

I do not recommend the Yaris. Buy a 9th gen. Corolla instead.

caro2012, 10/17/2012

I've owned my 2012 Yaris almost one year and I regret having bought it. The only good thing I can say about it is the gas mileage (I average 33.5). The construction is shoddy. The front bumper is barely held onto the frame. There is no foam under the rear bumper. The front wheel wells are made of the thinnest, cheapest plastic I've ever seen used in this manner on a car. The car lacks sound dampening and the noise intrusion into the cabin at highway speeds is deafening. Not even the cheap stock stereo can drown out the noise. The steering wheel does not telescope, leading to a very uncomfortable seating position. Buy a 9th generation Corolla instead. Much better quality. Same MPG.

This car is awsome!

lens27, 07/16/2012

I have this car now for about a few weeks and love every ride out of it. Very impressed with its slick performance and styling. I did not expect much cargo space for it's segment, but can easily fit my weekly grocery and then some. Lots of leg room and convenient interior design. Reduced my stops at the gas station. It could use a center storage and an arm rest.

Avoid stick shift with size 12 shoes

5cylvw, 12/18/2012

If you rest your shoe on the L model's dead pedal, it constantly gets caught under the clutch pedal, and you end up having to hover that foot above the clutch when you anticipate a gear change soon. The gear shift feels very crude and notchy. Stick shift does yield more zoom-zoom over automatic, but the LE model with automatic shift and more creature comforts - such as power windows - will make your drive more enjoyable. I had an LE model in 2006 which easily survived being T-boned in the driver door by pickup truck, and I traded it for a VW Rabbit. My 2012 L stick easily yielded 32 mpg in short city drives, but after 5 months I'm dumping it for a great Mazda3 iTouring hatch.

Good ECONOMIC car

thatdude2, 05/14/2012

Good car economical. It could use a middle consold but overall exellent reliable keeping the Toyota high standarts.

Gas pedal is an issue

Rose, 07/28/2019
LE 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We love our 2012 Yaris Hatchback because it holds two full sets of golf clubs and two suitcases. What is an issue with me is that I feel the gas pedal needs to be addressed. It is straight up causing pressure on ligament in arch of my right foot as well as top of foot. If it were tilted a bit, the foot would be more relaxed. I'm wondering if this has been an issue for others. Very painful.

51050