Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Watch out for rust
By Sarah

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 2 1/2 years and put about 130K on it. It was a great little car but I had to get rid of it because the bottom completely rusted out. Engine was still in great shape after 200K miles. Peppy accelerating up hill- not like other small cars I've owned (flooring it and creeping up the hill at 50 mph on the highway!) Definitely invest in some undercoating if you live up north like me.

You can't buy better
By joek

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got this for my wife loaded it up with 15 alloy wheel every thing they could put on it. I had lots of cars from top of the line to putters. Nothing can touch this one . After 10 years still the same As the day they brought it to her.Oil changes tires brakes new Hipo struts cold air induction plus chip up. I took over after buy her a Camry in 2009. Still have it never sale it my daily driver. I treat it hard It begs for more.

Terrible little car
By Abbie

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Needs a specific kind of coolant/antifreeze. Cannot use universal. Can build up blockages in engine.

Bert the traveler
By Kathleen Williams

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the car and I already love Bert! He's dependable and fun. Everytime I drive him we cracks me up. I love the gas mileage! So far no maintenance and I believe it will stay that way. If I ever have to replace Bert it will be hard to for the price. Bert is a 5 speed manual. I've never driven around standard (I'm 54), but Bert was a breeze to learn to drive. I've driven and had other cars that I thought were great. Bert delivers! He's not fancy or high tech. I got him with 131,000. He's a good road tripper. My son bought a 2009 that he loved. I helped him pick it out. Bert's 9 years old and he looks amazing and he drives great. I wasn't buying a Ferrari, but Bert is my favorite car I've ever known. Don't expect expensive technology with whistles and bells. Do expect to have fun everytime you go. I got more than I paid for it. I love Bert and I will replace him someday with his family of Toyota. Plus he was made right here in the USA. I love America and try to buy from this great country. Shame on you if you don't!

253,000 miles and counting!
By Rico

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's the bare basics of a car that runs every day, handles off road adventures, and almost fits five comfortably! You have to drive this car, no cruise, no auto anything, no ABS, and very few problems. Watch for corroded battery terminals, replace the positive fuse block/terminal at 170,000 and save some headaches. I had a final drive seal go during warranty, but Toyota fixed it once and then the dealer fixed their bad installation as well. This car has run Sheep Pens Road in Baca County, Colorado, driven Pikes Peak, driven thousands of miles of dirt road and mud, and still drives my +200 mile daily commute. I get about 37 MPG on a two hundred ten mile daily commute on a US highway, but I have stretched it to 46 MPG on a few interstate highway trips with four adults and luggage (okay, very sparse luggage). It is not frilly, not fancy, but it will get you where you're going with a little fun. I've had it up to 108 MPH, and it starts to lift in the back so stay unser 102 MPH. I think the sport wing would get her up to 120 MPH no problem.