Used 2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

The only 1/2 Ton that still feels like a truck!
By Matt K

2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Toyota nailed it with the Tundra. It's rock solid dependable, powerful, comfortable, and capable. I work in construction, I have every new make and model of pickup truck sitting in my parking lot right now from other coworkers and have ridden in all of them. The Tundra is the last truck on the market that actually FEELS like a truck, everything else feels like a glorified sedan with a bed. It's a true battle tank worthy of the truck title. The only way you'll be even slightly disappointed in the Tundra is if you're big in to modern tech packages and sound systems. The Tundra packs a very basic tech package that isn't going to blow your socks off, but you can always count on it to work, and that's really what matters most is it not? If you need to get real work done and don't need a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup, just get a Tundra. If you're just cruising out to Starbucks to pick up a Venti gender neutral before heading off to your gay pride parade then Ford, Chevy, or Dodge would certainly be a better fit for you.

Reliable and comfortable truck
By Jim

2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Fuel mileage good a 55 mph. Most reliable truck made.

Loved my 2011, meh on 2016
By Midwest318

2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I loved, loved, loved my 2011 Toyota Tundra 4 WD CrewCab, but when I traded it in for an identical 2016, I was sorely disappointed in the changes they'd made. Gone is my reclining back seat which made family travel so comfortable. I'm riding in the back seat on vacation right now, trying to nap, straight up and down and UNCOMFORTABLE! My storage behind the back seat, about 6" in the 2011, Gone! I used to easily store a rain jacket, football blanket and a cold storage bag for groceries back there -- now absolutely nothing fits. I also dislike the changes in air vents -- why do car companies insist on making changes if they are not improvements?! Next time I'll try a Dodge.

Product is OK but there is better
By Slava S

2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab 1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was considering to trade in my sequoia platinum 2012 and get tundra 1794 . Why? Because I have a lot of stuff to carry. The cabin is the same as seguoia has (without third row of course ). After drive test which I liked and the sticker price ($55,978) which I disliked I start to look around the truck. I want to say something good and not too good. Good things : 1. Well appointed cab. 2. Smooth ride. 3. 20 inch rims. 4. Mighty engine. 5. Big enough side view mirrors with blind spot monitoring features. 6. Solar sensors on the front (2), and on the back (4). 7. Power back window. 8. Hydraulic tail gate. Now not too good thing. 1. No storage under second row seats (every other truck has). 2. Two electrical harnesses comes out of the back wall to the bed in plastic wrap and after 4 inch loop running inside the sideboard chanels. 3. Radio antenna is a simple stick which need to unscrew every time at car wash. 4. No precollision warning system and stop. 5. No adaptive cruise control. 6. No 115 volts outlet.7. Under arm rest compartment is only big deep well no even one tray. 8. Glove compartment looks huge outside but inside 4x10 inches. 9. Worth fuel economy. 10. Tonneau ($1300) factory installed has a 1/2 inch gap above tail gate and could easily be pried. 11. Ugly looking chrome rims. 12. No LED lights. These are what you are going to get for $56,000. In this price range there are not enough amenities. Finally I decided to keep my sequoia platinum with all bells and whistles. I'd rather buy a small trailer and hook it up when I needed. In addition SR5 crewmax cost $40,000 (sticker price ) what will you get for 16 grand more? The leather seats and navigation (useless option today) plus sunroof which you will never open another waste of money and head room without sunroof 2 inch more room. When I pissed off about the antenna on very next day my dealer (very good man) called me saying that he talked to toyota factory and they will send him some box which he will install and get rid of that 1980s antenna style at no extra charge. Gus is a good man but why Toyota haven't installed that before at least in this price range? He probably call them and said about loosing customers. Manager said that a lot of people has same issue like me. And at last. My colleague is running auto repair shop and sometimes driving his RAM 1500 long bed short cab. And I asked him which truck he would buy let's say for same amount of money Ford, GM, Nissan, RAM, Toyota? He didn't hesitate to reply Toyota. Why?I asked him. Toyota quality was short answer. Thank you for reading .

Super truck
By Tundra

2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab 1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It's a great truck long life you get great quality