Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

First Toyota

Robert, 12/02/2010

Bought my first Toyota this June. I have always owned Dodge Ram (had 5 of them) My 10' SR5 TRD 5.7L I-force smokes the Hemi, the interior is way more comfortable, more creature comforts, and larger rear sear (comparable models). All the power anybody needs,Big, fast, tough truck. Don't complain about mileage you won't find much better. Smooth ride and plenty of room...Love this truck.

Tow in Comfort

DJ, 10/15/2010

We recently bought a 10' double cab SR5 TRD with the 5.7. LOVE IT! We tow a 4-ATV trailer with it and you honestly don't even know the trailer is behind you. This truck has ridiculous power and I've yet to even floor it. Extremely comfortable for long trips even while towing. You sit up high and have great visibility. Gauges are a little hard to read in certain light. Love the interior though. We are really impressed with this truck, Toyota got it right. Whenever I see an F-150 I think "I could smoke you". Only gets a few miles to gallon less than my old 4Runner - if you want good gas mileage people buy a car, this is a 381hp towing beast!

Better than competition

Mat Leopard, 10/22/2010

I upgraded from a Toyota Tacoma 4.0 V6 to the Tundra 4.6 V8. I got the 4.6 Liter because it was closer to the V6 as far as gas mileage and I wouldn't be sacrificing a lot. The 4.6 L is rated for 15 mpg around town and I am averaging 17 mpg around town. I had to retrain myself how to accelerate and be aware of how I'm driving, but it has made all the difference! Value for dollar, I would pass on the Tacoma any day and go for the Tundra.

Rock Warrior

M, 08/07/2010

I have owned two Toyota Tacomas and loved them both. Bought this Tundra for more towing power as well as an overall larger truck. Saw Rock Warrior package and immediately loved the rims and tires especially. This truck has exceeded all expectations. If you complain about a bumpy ride, gauges, and gas mileage then go back to driving a Saab. This is a truck. I am getting 16 mpg city/rural driving and that is more than my last Tacoma with a V6.

Thanks Toyota

ronnie, 11/01/2009

This is the second tundra that I have owned. The upgrades on this one are great. I love the horse power and the transmission. I get an average of 17.5 mpg that's great for this size engine. The ride and comfort is also great. I looked at the Ford and Chevrolet before I purchased the tundra. I liked the tundra better.

The Most Dependable Truck Made!

Jimmy D., 05/04/2019
Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I'll start off by saying I was die-hard GM guy for most of my life. In 2004, Toyota sent me an ad in the mail for a gift card for trying out one of their vehicles. I took them up on it, only to get the gift. I walked out of the dealer with my first Tundra! This 2010 is my second tundra. The first one was traded at 150,000 miles, ONLY because I wanted the 5.7l engine to tow my camper. Now, my current Tundra TRD Off Road has 128,000 miles on it, and has been just as exceptional as the first. No, it's not as glitzy as some of the competitors, but it sure will outlast all of them. For those that complain about the gas mileage, if you just take it easy on starts, and let it coast down hills, it's a bunch better. I can regularly get 18+ MPG tank full to tank full on the highway. My experience has been to buy nothing lower than 89 octane fuel, not even for my lawn mower. For fifteen years, and two Tundra's, I've never has a check engine light come on. No O2 sensor failure, either. If you want 30 MPG, don't buy a truck. For me, the Tundra has less gadgets to distract me, or to break. I would really like to buy a brand new one, but can't find a reason to let go of this one. They're just so darn dependable. I don't ever see a competitors truck in my garage!

Love this Truck

jmcycle, 07/02/2010

When shopping for a new full size truck, I looked at everything accept GM (won't buy GM due to bailout and subsequent UAW lawsuits). I settled on the Tundra for three main reasons: 1) 381 hp and 401 lb/ft of torque. The only truck that came close to this was the Ram. 2) The double cab rear doors open as regular doors instead of suicide doors. Aside from being more convenient, I also think it is safer for the rear seat passengers. 3) Toyota offered a lease. I rated the gas mileage as a 10 b/c it is comparable to its competition but still offers superior performance. This truck also handled better than and was more comfortable than the other trucks I test drove.

Tall guys will love it!

jason, 11/24/2010

Fantastic truck! Besides the looks, besides the massive towing abilities, besides the power, this truck just fits. Just driving it you feel in total control. Regardless if your towing a 10,000 lbs piece of equipment or a bed full of whatever, this truck does it with confidence. And I have to say being 6'3"(ish) I love how much room I have. Not to knock the other full size trucks, but I just felt cramped. If you like everything right in your face then this truck may not be for you. But if you like room, serious power (all available at low rpm by the way), and a great ride all with more cup holders than people can handle - then this is for you. And it's built in the US!!! Yes!! Texas

Awesome Truck, downright AWFUL MPG

Tom, 06/15/2010

This truck is awesome. It has an unbelievable amount of power, and exceeds my expectations with ease, but I regret my decision in buying the "Rock Warrior" package, as the tires, suspension, etc. are hurting this truck's gas mileage severely. As in 9 mpg in the city, 10-12 mpg highway. Other than that, all I can say is that this has to be the best half-ton ever built.

Paint is terrible

pastorjdh, 08/27/2010

I have had my truck for three months and it has the absolute worst paint job I have ever seen on a vehicle bar none. It scratches extremely easy and is impossible to buff out without removing the clear coat. I feel horrible about my purchase now. I bought the Tundra because of Toyota's reputation and I expected a well built vehicle. I don't know what else to say.

12345...6