Used 2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A) Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
1...123456

Count me out of the Toyota Love Fest

Mike, 10/15/2018
4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2002 Tundra new in Dec 2001. Currently 119k miles. Nothing but problems. I'll keep it because I live in a low rust climate, it's paid for and I am 73 yrs old. Let's talk about the legendary Toyota quality. Countless dead batteries in the warranty period. Dealers didn't want to touch an intermittent problem. Independent shop finally fixed it after warranty. Rebuilt rear differential clutches ($1,000) @ 65k hwy miles. Now rear diff needs another rebuild because it took on water. There is a $5 kit that raises the vent above water line when boat launching (why didn't the factory do this?). Throttle position sensor ($500), power window ($400), two O2 sensors ($400), three brake jobs (I know maintenance, but I got 93,000 on orig brakes on my '98 Grand Caravan), rear axle seals twice, pinion seal once, and finally let's not forget sun visors, I'm on my 4th driver's side and they cost $128 each. This is such a POS that I have probably forgotten a few repairs. Shoudda bought a Ford or Dodge. 2020 Update: The beat goes on. Another $2,300 for a transfer case actuator. This truck is so bad that I am beginning to consider trading for something US built. Actually mine was built in Ohio.

Long term dependability

Duffy, 06/26/2019
4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My truck was bought used with 56K miles for son's college. I traded my new truck in 2012 and now at 239K the only thing not original in the coming belt. Awesome truck, runs like new.

buy a ford or chevy if you want a truck

Ryanz, 09/02/2002
4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

i have 20,000 miles on this peice. I also have a ford that outpowers it and outpulls it. toyota is very undependable and not a good vehicle. listen to me when i say buy a ford f series truck. My toyota had 2 trannys replaced, starter blew, oil leak, engine makes noise and broke down 3 times. and no it is no lemon. i have owned one before. ford is better then comes chevy.

Toyota Tundra

Bubby, 03/14/2002
4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great engine and driveability. Much quieter than most other full size trucks.

1...123456