Used 1991 Toyota Tercel Consumer Reviews

Used Tercel for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

What Happened to my Car?

Anne, 10/29/2008
DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this '91 Tercel about a year ago, it sat for a year before I owned it, so it had low mileage when I bought it. Since then, I've had to do the CV joints, front brakes and now it leaves me stranded, as the oil pump bearing is shredded, no one is sure how this happened, as it is not a usual occurrence for this car. I did think Toyotas were good cars, but now I am not really sure. I paid $1400 and it could cost me $1000 to fix, I just got the brakes fixed a couple days ago. Since this is the only car my daughter and I own, and we don't live close to my school or my work, not to mention our bus system is lacking quite a bit, it has been a difficult last few days!

I love my tercel

kat, 06/13/2008
DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new and now it has 128,000 miles. It starts everyday, except when I leave the lights on. The only mechanical issue now is that my A/C is 99% gone and I don't know how much it will cost. This car has been superb for 17 years-I got my moneys worth a long time ago. My next car will be a Toyota

The best car I have ever owned.

Juancho, 04/13/2002
2dr Coupe

I bought this bare bones model because as a student, I could not afford any other new car in the market that I could trust. I felt confident that by buying a new Toyota I should not have to worry about expensive fixes for the next five years (enough time to finish college and get a paying job). I finish five years of engineering school, a two year masters degree program, and started to work before the car ever saw a mechanic. It has been eleven years now and the car has now endured a wife and two kids. It still runs great!

I love my 'peppy' little Tercel!

Tom Palmer, 05/06/2002
DX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Tercel back in 1996 with about 40,000 miles on it. It never saw a shop until this year (2002) and only to replace the starter, and the AC. It is zipping past 130,000 miles with no major problems. It never lets me down.

Pretty good

AJ91, 05/06/2002
2dr Coupe

For a car that was so cheap new, it has been awfuly good. Not once have I been to the mechanic for unscheduled maintenance. BUT- it does get very musty and gross in wet weather, at 110000 miles after being taken care of excellently, it is definitely falling apart. But i cannot complain that i have never spent a cent fixing the car i paid under $7k for 11 years ago.

12345...6