Used 2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

My God truck
By Happy Stupid :)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is a standard 4 cyl. That said it is 4 wd, access seats, Tacoma. It has the additional tire flares and tinted windows. It is a sporty cool, looking truck. It is my God truck, as I asked God for all of the amenities. And an affordable price and payments. I did preface my prayer that I would prefer it not to be white, it is white :) He answered all and much more. I have never been let down by Toyota and once again I am very happy. If you are used to a 6 cylinder the 4 will take some getting used to. Great gas mileage.

My God truck
By Happy Stupid :)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

By piper

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

2.7L, 4spA, 2wd access cab. Pros: low maintenance, comfortable seats, excellent fit and finish, smooth shifting transmission, roomy interior, durable. Cons: rear wheel bearings wore out at 20k miles! low seating position, spongy brake pedal, mediocre mpg @22 city, 23 highway, weak drivetrain and low GVW.

BEWARE! Toyota Drive Line - You Pay
By Bob Northwest

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased new. Have less than 7 1/2 years and under 69,000 miles. No heavy driving or loads; park in garage. Now paying $5000, + to replace universal, differential and wheel bearings. UNACCEPTABLE at this low mileage. AND the dealer says water pump is failing. Do your review as Toyota is recalling 2016 and 17's for differential problems, frame rust. QUALITY AND RELIABILITY of TOYOTA is GONE

Good engine, horrible transmission
By Jerry

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My transmission was clunky, imprecise, loose, un-enjoyable, unsatisfactory, notchy, etc.