Used 1999 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

Used Tacoma for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

I love this truck!

love my truck, 05/19/2004
PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck thinking it was a 4wd at first sight, when I found out it was 2wd I was slightly disappointed until I drove it. I have had no problems whatsoever out of it. I have replaced the tires @70000, windshield wipers,front brake pads and headlights, thats it. A careless woman struck me and did 6500. in damage to it and now that I am driving a rental I can't stand it, I miss it even more. Only thing I would trade it for would be a 4door model of the same thing.

Great Little Taco

TacoTim, 12/16/2007
SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I will have to say that Toyota did a fairly good job with this truck however they did cut corners in some places. One place that does need improvement would be the seats. Long trips or bumpy roads, I have a lot of back aches with this. Also the interior on some models were equipped with clocks and some without. Why a clock you say? Why not it looks cool and completes the look of just a blank black square. Upgrade you say, well yeah but for $80.00, come on I mean go to Wal-mart and buy a cheaper one and tape it over the black hole. Over all though good truck and excellent duribility.

Little beast of a truck

wade, 02/13/2009
2dr Regular Cab SB

I have used this truck to pull a 2500 lb. trailer 100s of miles every weekend for the last 3 years. The only parts I have had to replace are the clutch, tires, ball joints and shocks. If I had not towed so much weight (probably more than the intended towing capacity) I'm sure I would not have had to replace the clutch, ball joints or shocks. This thing has been one hell of a little beast for getting the job done. I have just replaced it for my towing purposes with a three quarter ton van. I sure couldn't have towed my trailer with any other manufacturer's 4 cylinder mini truck. Toyota rules this market.

My Yoda may last forever

NAgreenComa, 03/26/2009
PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought yoda new in 1999. Aside from a major accident in 2007 ($16,000 in repairs), all I have done is routine maintenance and I am at 135,000 mi. Regular oil changes at every 5k and new breaks at 90k. I don't have a 4x4, but I take it muddin sometimes, and it makes we work hard to get it stuck (using the winch is half the fun). Aside from its stunning good looks and how fun it is to drive, it is extremely reliable. It always starts on the first turn, even in the cold.

fun to beat on

artie, 05/24/2002
2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

very good truck. fun to beat on. looks good and easy to pimp out.

12345...15